Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,153   Online: 1071

Shooter
    Multi Format

Lens Hood for Bronica Zenzanon-S 150mm

Is there an official Bronica hood for the 150mm f;3.5 S lens. I am unable to find one when searching the internet. ...or must I obtain a "generic" 67mm screw-in rubber hood?
    Thanks in advance...

Jack

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know the ETRS 150mm has a hood. If you can't find one of the plastic hoods the bellows hoods aren't that big. Better really.

Images
    Hey Jack

KEH has listed a hood for the 105-250 in EX condition for $35. I assuming it is a plastic bayonet mount hood. I pretty sure this is what Bronica provided. I have the Pro Hood, which is the adjustable compendium hood for 50-250mm lenses. However, it's not that easy to carry around, obviously really meant for studio use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    50-250mm? Don't they have a shorter bellows hood? I forget what the range is for my little one but it's normal to maybe 250mm. So it leaves out the wide end. Folded down it's not really any bigger then a plastic hood.

Datchet, Berkshire UK- about 20 miles west of London
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    There is/was a lens hood S for the 150mm. From that description it is clear that the hood was launched many years ago and I can offer no guarantee that any were actually made in the years leading up to the discontinuation of the SQ series. As far as I can recall, the kits didn't come with hoods and that explains why there aren't many around. I have a bellows hood somewhere- don't use it since its a pain- no room for it in the camera bag and fiddly to fit and adjust right, especially if you're using filters.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the answers. I believe the compendium hood is too "fiddly" for me. I did order a 105-250 hood from the virginia vendor on the Bay, and received it yesterday. It was then I discovered it is for the ETRSi and does not fit the S lenses. (Anybody need a 105-250 hood for ETRSi??) I have the S hood for the 80mm lens, but think it might vignette, since I can see the edges of the hood when looking through the wide open 150mm lens. I also have the proper hood for the 50mm lens, and it seems to be OK on the 150. I guess I will continue to search for the proper hood.

This is my first post here, after lurking for some time. I find APUG a helpful place. Thanks!

Jack - in New Mexico

Images
    I can't see how the hood for a 80mm would vignette on a 150mm; the other way around, yes. The 80mm has a wider angle of view than the 150mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    UPDATE - The lens hood for the 150mm f:3.5 S lens has been found. It is Catalog # 584750. Our famous New York "The Professional's Source" had one in stock, and I have it on order. Also, I have received permission to return the errant hood ( 250 53449) to the other vendor for a refund. So, I am only out the shipping on that one. Thanks for the hints today.
    Last edited by Jack Fisher; 12-10-2008 at 01:57 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: correct spelling

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin