Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,070   Online: 1114

Thread: Dust and dirt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Dust and dirt

Morning all.

Bit of a strange on this. I have pulled of 2 rolls of 120 out of my Bronie, the first one had a few dust marks, nothing unusual about that, but then the seconde film a week later had the same marks in the near on the same places as the first.
    It was a memory thing at first so checked. They were the same marks. The marks were on the prints in the same position, with a bit of give a take, one here and not there. Under inspection the lens in side the camera had bits of dust on it. Bit of bad luck or would these little bits really be put into play under the enlarger light.

Regards

Graham

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Since they're in similar positions I'd suspect the enlarger rather than the camera. For dust to be sharpish it has to be on or very close to the suface of the film.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most likely dust on the glass in the enlarger neg. holder. If you visualy check the negs. it should be apparant. If it's not on the neg. it shouldn't be on the print. It is highly unlikely that any dust in the lens would be the cause. Sometimes the matt black paint can flake off and cause internal reflections, Nah! I'd go for the neg. holder. If you print by leaving the film in a roll and pulling through frame by frame, that could account for the 'dust'/foreign bodies not being in exactly the same position. At a guess I'd say that you're using a glass film carrier in the enlarger and that's the source of the problem. Give the carrier a good careful clean and keep us posted on your results.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin