Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,278   Online: 1094

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello. Sorry for bringing up an old thread. I'm curious. I'm about to buy a RB67 Pro S body (without WLS) rated BGN from KEH. I'm a little worried on the bellows and mechanical stuff. Body marks, I don't really mind. Anyone would share/advice? Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As I mention before, My Pro S body was rated at BGN and it was quite good. If you have any problems with the bellows or the mechanical stuff you can return it.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, but probably I just need some assurance from experienced buyers like you. What about the bellows? Tear/pinhole free?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    As I mention before, My Pro S body was rated at BGN and it was quite good. If you have any problems with the bellows or the mechanical stuff you can return it.

Jeff
    Do I need to pay for the shipping?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Based on my experience (only 2 buys but 4 cameras), I think buying a BGN grade is a luck of the draw. My BGN grade M645 AE Prism had an issue with contacts which my local repairer fixed. Second problem was my Contax RTS camera. The light meter was jumping in 2 stops. KEH however refunded fully including return postage from Australia - who can beat that service.
    Yes I will buy BGN graded gear from them again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great. But if I'm not mistaken, the return policy is valid 14 days from invoice given. I'm from Malaysia. I doubt the shipping to Malaysia even take maximum of 2 weeks. So that would probably mean I wouldn't be able to return just in case something bad happens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I can recall correctly, their policy for overseas purchase is 'no-return'. However this policy does not apply if the item is faulty and not disclosed in the description.
    They will listen to you if you have any concerns - the reason why people speak so highly of KEH.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So should I? lol. I'm actually waiting for their email reply. One of their staff replied me this morning. I'm still feeling doubtful. I'm afraid the bellows are torn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    KEH guarantees pieces are functional even for BGN grade. The only grade that KEH does not guarantee anything is AS-IS.

The only purchase that didn't work out so well for me was BGN grade back for M645. It developed issues and found out too late to do anything about it. At $29, loss was minimal so I just gave it way on APUG as parts only. I usually buy EX or higher and EX+ or higher for lenses. I'm kind of picky about things.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You're right. I emailed them asking whether RB67 Pro S Body at least EX is available or not, but came back negative. They have one but it comes with WLF. I already have WLF so wouldn't spend extra on it since Shipping charges are quite expensive already.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin