Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,364   Online: 1041

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The one worry with the old bodies and backs is the foam has probably deteriorated though for $12+$4 shipping you can get new pre-cut seals for body and two backs from Japan and change them yourself in a matter of hours (scrape out old gooey foam, clean with alcohol, apply new seals). Otherwise these things are built like tanks. The shutters can go in old lenses but otherwise the body really doesn't do very much, the really complicated stuff is in the back and lens. You can get lenses for dirt cheap, RB67 equipment is down to doorstop and paperweight prices really.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What about the bellows at BGN grade? Do you guys think okay? I'm a little paranoid. lol.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It probably has a hole about a size of football....
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Haha. So funny. That helped a lot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have purchased two bargain grade RB67 bodies from KEH. Neither had any mechanical problems or bellows problems. I understand your concern since returning a camera is not a good option for you. Unfortunately, pin holes in the bellows are a defect that they might not catch, since they do not shoot and develop film with each body they sell. If you ask, however, they may be willing to do an extra detailed check before shipping to you. At least it is worth asking.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I recently purchased a BGN 35mm wide angle for my M645 Pro, and it's absolutely perfect. No problems, performs excellent. Only like $69! What a deal! I've been buying from them for 10 years or more. Never any problems. If you're so worried about any little thing, then don't buy it. Simple as that. Even if you get it, you WILL find some teeny tiny fault with it, and be pissed off @ KEH for selling BGN grade stuff. So, just don't do it. Save up for a better grade, and be done with it.
    If the lens doesn't read "ZEISS", then it just isn't.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just picked up three Mamiya 645af 120/220 film backs as bargin grade from KEH. VERY Happy with the results. Look to be in great condition and they function perfectly. I did have to put new batteries in them, but I would have anyways.

I'd say if you have questions, perhaps, order two bodies, send back the worst looking one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have purchased two bargain grade RB67 bodies from KEH. Neither had any mechanical problems or bellows problems. I understand your concern since returning a camera is not a good option for you. Unfortunately, pin holes in the bellows are a defect that they might not catch, since they do not shoot and develop film with each body they sell. If you ask, however, they may be willing to do an extra detailed check before shipping to you. At least it is worth asking.
    I recently purchased a BGN 35mm wide angle for my M645 Pro, and it's absolutely perfect. No problems, performs excellent. Only like $69! What a deal! I've been buying from them for 10 years or more. Never any problems. If you're so worried about any little thing, then don't buy it. Simple as that. Even if you get it, you WILL find some teeny tiny fault with it, and be pissed off @ KEH for selling BGN grade stuff. So, just don't do it. Save up for a better grade, and be done with it.
    I just picked up three Mamiya 645af 120/220 film backs as bargin grade from KEH. VERY Happy with the results. Look to be in great condition and they function perfectly. I did have to put new batteries in them, but I would have anyways.

I'd say if you have questions, perhaps, order two bodies, send back the worst looking one.
    Thanks for all the warm and kind replies. I guess it's a Yes since I couldn't find any good Pro S body off eBay (at least for now). I think I will proceed with KEH.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin