Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,677   Online: 901

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Rolleiflex

I have owned a mamiya c330F, a yashica Mat 124 an exacta with schneider optics, and a Moskva 4(6x9) and all took great images with the best being the yashica mat 124. However I now have a Rolleiflex 3.5T and would not trade it for anything........except maybe a new Linhof Tech V(dreaming). Using the Rollei is much more natural than any of the others for me and borders on a sexual experience. the sharpness of the lens is outstanding and if you look at the lens comparison from a previous post you'll see that at F11 its nearly flat, while the center is not as blindingly sharp as a planar the edges are. So get the rollei you'll never be sorry.
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by viridari View Post
    For the last several months, I've been lucky to enjoy a Mamiya C330 that was loaned to me by a friend who introduced me to the joy of shooting film.

I believe that loan is coming to an end soon.
    Wow.

Big surprise; I get to keep the Mamiya permanently. I wasn't expecting that.

At least now I don't feel rushed into getting another camera. I can focus on getting my dark room up first. This thread has been very useful and I'll have more confidence going into fleabay auctions. Thank you, everyone.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    You have to take fate into consideration. But you don't have to be ruled by it.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My Rolleiflex Page is here:

http://www.antiquecameras.net/rolleiflex.html

Rolleicord Page here:

http://www.antiquecameras.net/rolleicords.html

Rolleiflex Buying Tip:

http://www.antiquecameras.net/rolleiflexbuyingtip.html

I recommend a 3.5F model if you can afford. Planar or Xenotar...

Dan
    Antique and Classic Camera BLOG
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html

Shooter
    35mm
    I rcently swapped a Nikon Speedlight for a mint Rolleiflex T and a dozen rolls of film. This from a dealer! You can read the story and see pic examples on my blog.
    I wanted it because I always wanted a Rollei but also because I wanted something light and inconspicuous for street photography -- people tend not to notice when you are looking down into a viewing screen.
    I like the coupled EV system where EV is set and apertures and shutter speeds are then linked. It is quick and easy and produces perfect exposures.
    I am delighted with my Rollei and, like many others here, wish I'd got one years ago but, in truth, it's only now that I can afford one -- thanks to people dumping these jewels so they can buy some crappy digital point and shoot.
    Get the Rollei, you won't regret it.
    -- Hilton --
    www.thelightstuff.blogspot.com
    Tips and tutorials and mainly photographic musings!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've owned Rollei 3.5s and 2.8s and they all took exceptionally sharp and contrasty photos. To me, the most bang for the buck in a Rollei is one of the Automats with either the 3.5 Tessar or Xenar. I've owned both, and they were durned good shooters.

Best,

Michael

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin