Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,272   Online: 952

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Old Rollei Question

Both a friend and I are owners of the Old Standard Rollei, probably K2's. The line up hole on the back does not line up well with any type of modern 120 film. Does any one have any tricks about how to line up the film to get 12 nice exposures on the film? We've tried all sorts of guesses without much success. Any help?
    Thanks
    Logan

Shooter
    35mm
    Do you have a red window on the bottom? If memory serves that is the alignment spot for 120. The one in the middle of the back is for 117 or some such. Going by memory here - so not gospel.

J

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have an Art Deco Rolleicord [Type 1; 1933-1936]. The red window on the bottom is used to advance the 120 film to #1 - as seen through the window, then one resets the mechanical film counter, and it takes over for the balance of the exposures. Wind on to #1 on the mechanical readout. There is probably an owner's manual for your camera somewhere on the web.

Like here: http://tinyurl.com/rollei-manual

or here: http://www.butkus.org/chinon/rolleiflex.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's how my Voigtlanders work too, Larry. I have two Superbs, one with the window in the back, and one only with the window for the first frame. Some of the Brillants also only have the window for the first frame based on 6x9, and you depend on the mechanical counter after that.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    When you have loaded the film, wind until you align the (1) in the bottom red window. Then engage the automatic frame counter, which will spring to (1). (you press the button above the winding crank). Then you are ready to shoot. Thereafter, you only use the crank, that will automatically stop for the next exposure, and not the red window.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry.Manuel View Post
    I have an Art Deco Rolleicord [Type 1; 1933-1936]. The red window on the bottom is used to advance the 120 film to #1 - as seen through the window, then one resets the mechanical film counter, and it takes over for the balance of the exposures. Wind on to #1 on the mechanical readout.
    No, you don't have to wind on, because when (1) (actually the number 1. for 6x9) is in the red window, the first frame for 6x6 is ready for exposure. When you engage the mechanical counter it will spring to (1).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin