Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,550   Posts: 1,573,076   Online: 804

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mamiya 645 pro TL

Hello all.
    As above, any one using one. I have had my eye on one for a little while now. Read a lot on this model.
    There are array of lenses out there, and i will only be looking at 3 of them to start with.
    When you ask the shop a little about a camera, they ask why a film camera like this, when there are all these digi's in here.
    But what strikes me is all the adverts on their web site's, we want your film camera's, strange that. When they tell you get a digi film is dead, but we still want your film camera.

I will see one to hold in a few days so that will be the answer really. But just wanted to know what to expect. Look forward to it, is it a let down when you are there.

Regards
    Graham

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With the motor winder and metering prism, kind of like a 35mm on steroids, but no auto-focus. A nice camera to handle and gives a much larger neg than 35mm in a camera not much different in size from high-end 35mm SLR's. If you get a spare back, you can change film type in the middle of a roll easily. I like it and use it primarily in situations where a tripod would not be appropriate. I use my RZ whenever I can use a tripod - but that is my personal preference. You have to try it for yourself, but what's not to like?
    Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Mamiya Pro TL I have one too

I can't part with my Pro TL. I assume other owners are also hanging on to their cameras. I just bought a new 645 lens; it's a gem. I don't see used film cameras flooding the market. If new film cameras didn't cost a fortune, I'd buy a Mamiya 7ii and a Mamiya 645DII. It would be in Fujifilm's best interest to make affordable, quality film cameras, if they want to sell more film. I can't help thinking that the used cameras are being crushed and ground up by the digi camera manufacturers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I purchased the Mamiya 645E brand new a couple of years back and I consider it the best camera I have ever used.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Mamiya 645 Pro TL

With the 150 2.8 you won't believe your eyes. I chuckle almost everytime I look in... at the clarity and sharpness. The 80mm is solid and the 50mm shift is wonderful. I'm not in love with the 35mm but it may be that mine isn't a great one...

-Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've read mixed reviews on the 35, but the rest of the lenses are nice. The lenses with the 'N' designation are the latest. The camera handles like a dream with the power grip and AE finder. Get a couple spare backs and several inserts, you won't be sorry. If you manage to get inserts without the plastic case, they are still available at B&H. I like mine.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have two bodies -- one with a motor drive and one manual film advance. I have been using them for over 10 years with absolutely no reliability issues. The lenses are great. The one with the motor drive handles like a 35, so my 35 gears pretty much just sits around. The manual advance body is used when I want to operate quietly and on a tripod

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Mamiya Pro TL is a really good camera, Graham. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

I've had mine from new for quite a few years and it's never given me any problems. It's very easy to use and does feel just like a giant 35mm.

The Mamiya is my main camera. I don't have many lenses yet but most of my work is close-up flowers and plants, so I use the 120mm macro most of the time. It's a lovely lens, I can recommend it to anyone interested in macro.

For the future, I intend to stick with Mamiya - can't see any reason to change from a camera that pleases me so much!

Shooter
    Medium Format

Mamiya Pro TL Color series

Talk about Christmas colors. I found this link on the Mamiya Japan website. I can't read the informatiom, because the link is in Japanese. It seems that the ProTl is available in several colors. I'd like a new one with a waist level finder. Anybody have any idea if such a camera is available in the States and at what price?

http://www.mamiya.co.jp/645protl-color.html

Shooter
    Medium Format

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin