Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,942   Posts: 1,557,570   Online: 1137

Shooter
    35mm

What 65mm for RB 67 ProSD ?

There are many offers of 65mm for RB67, and some people say it's a great wide angle lens. It appears that there are 3 different lenses: a short sized one (35mm look like) , one that seems to end with a conical part and the long lens displayed as a current product on Mamiya website. Does anyone knows the difference in quality ? Are they all the same (I see that one is f4 versus f4.5 but that does not sy much) ?
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the RB mamiya-sekor C f4.5 lens on my RZ...always tripod mounted, and I can state that it is tack sharp and see no reason to buy a replacement. If you are going to be working off a tripod..why would you need a smaller lens or a faster lens? BUT...well, you understand.

Shooter
    35mm

more precisions

What is your 65mm the one with a conical end or the short one looking like a 35mm - see the 2 pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img.jpg   35e4_2.JPG  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I should preface my reply by admitting that I don't have this particular focal length. I do, however, have various K/L and 'C' - 37mm fish-eye, 50mm Sekor-C, 75mm shift, 90mm K/L, and 180mm K/L. Like you, I have this lens on my shopping list so here's my opinion - for what it's worth.

The conical ended one I would avoid. It is the non-C Sekor, and does not have the multi-coating, and by reason of its age I would be nervous about the condition of the shutter.

The one you describe as looking short would be the Sekor-C. The 65mm equivalent of the 50mm. It's multi-coated, will be younger, and I'm sure will give very good results. Given how cheaply you can pick up the K/L though, I would opt for that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't know where you are, but the way Pound has depreciated against both the US Dollar and the Euro, this is a bargain:

http://robertwhite.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=870&PT_ID=277

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the precise information

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mine is the non-conical, short one and it is great.

My (usual) advice would be to get the newest one that you can afford; even the new ones are inexpensive now- no real reason to pinch pennies unless you really need to. And get a hood as well.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarawak View Post
    What is your 65mm the one with a conical end or the short one looking like a 35mm - see the 2 pictures
    the second one....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin