Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,785   Online: 910

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    65 and 180. Those are the only two I have now. I have owned a 90, 127 and have used a 50. The 127 decided it wanted to jump off a rock and go swimming one day and the 90 was bought from a less than reputable dealer near where I live and the shutter died within a few months of buying it. The 50 just seemed too wide for me and I just couldn't get used to it. The 90 felt awkward, probably because it was too close to my 65. The 127 seemed fine to me, but my shooting style seems to favor either wide angle or telephoto. Normal lenses just don't really do it for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Started with the 50C and the 180C. They lasted for a loooong time.
    Now got an extra 127KL, which I reckon is just about the most amazing lens in their lineup.
    But the other two still see a lot of use, so I can't really pick two only.
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have 50mm, 90mm and 180mm so to pick two I would say 50mm and 180mm (which are the two I use most). If I want a standard angle of view on medium format I will use my Rolleicord instead.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmmm.... I have the 50, 65C, 90C, 127C, 150SFC, and 180C. I shoot mostly with the 65 and the 150 SF. Now reading this thread, perhaps I need to investigate the potential of the 127. I keep the 90 for macro work (It's a natural with both the #1 and #2 extension tubes.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh man...this is harsh...only two...I have used the 50C, 65C, 90C, 127C, 180C, and 250C. All are stellar lenses.

Ummmm...I would say definitely the 250mm C (such a fantastic lens), and the 127mm C for macro (with extension tubes #1 and #2).

Shooter
    35mm

Question about 50mm lens

Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    65 and 127.

I would definitely not go for the 50.

Keith,
    I currently have the 65 and the 127. I was considering a wider lens; why do you not recommend the 50? Thanks in advance!

Never mind - I just saw your followup.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Have the 90 KL-L; it's remarkable. Also the 180 C. It was KEH ugly, but is also remarkable. It took a good bit of surface cleaning, but is nearly perfect with just a few pinprick sized coating imperfections on the front element. Shutter seems fine. Results are wow!

So I broke down and bought a 65 C. It's soft, but gives a very neat softness across most of the frame. Could be a non-visible fungus or something, but I like the coverage.

/..

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    have an RB67 Pro S, I have a 50mm C lens and a 90mm C lens, and just got a 2x teleconverter (2 stops open for light loss but still useable got it for 24.00 on Ebay so cost is a song and dance), now I can get 180mm and 100mm!!
    "Often you will discover in life, that temerity yields little that quiet observation and decisive action can!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On my Mamiya RB67 Pro-S I run the 37mm, 50mm, 127mm, and the 360mm. The 50mm is a favourite because it is sharp and I can crop a 65mm or 90mm view out of it and keep more than acceptable image quality. Similarly the 127mm can be cropped nicely to mimic the 180mm. As for the 37mm and the 360mm they are just indulgences rather than work-horses.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Two lenses?Two 50's,just in case anything happened to one of 'em.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin