Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,419   Online: 1043

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

ID this Rollie and Ricoh TLRs

From two bad photos. What version is it? It looks like a mutt between the original and the standard. Should be in my hands on Sunday. Also, does anyone know anything about Ricoh TLRS? Haven't got the foggiest clue about them.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rollie.jpg   Ricoh.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi, looks to me like a 4.5 or 3.8 Original. Can you tell me which lens it has, and the serial number....can't quite read it on your photo.....this will reveal all. The Ricoh is just one of many Rolleicord copies to come out of Japan. Quite well made, and the optics are also pretty good, it will take excellent shots if the shutter is ok.
    Tony

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

diacord

I have three of these cameras....team it up with some modern film like fuji acros and you will be amazed...old lenses and modern film are a great combo
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll let you know what the serial number is on Sunday, right now that's the best I can do. I think the Serial number is 954364. You're going to hate me when I tell you what I'm paying for the cameras... I hope they're both in working condition. If not, who is good for repairing a Rollie?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Neither Fleenor or Kirmar would CLA my '37 Rollei,they said it was too old for them to do. I ended up using Jurgen Kuschnik (.com) who has now move back to Germany. He did a great job. In the US you might try Ken Ruth at Photography on Bald Mountain. He did a great job my Super Ikonta. There's also ZeissIkonRolleiRepair.com repair that I've read good things about, but have never used.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Rolleiflex is a 4x4 from the mid 30's. It uses 127-film.

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/7...1931193zg3.jpg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    boo hiss on the Rollei, for the 127 film. I don't have any negative carriers for that size film, or easy access. B&H has the film, but at $10 a roll for Kodak or Fuji, not so thrilled. I'm paying $20 for the Rollei, Ricoh and a Kodak Duoflex. Still a good deal right?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well picked JPD, couldn't tell that from the photo! If it has a 60mm lens, then it's definitely a baby, which is no bad thing. 127 film is readily available these days, and you can make a mask to fit your 120 carrier to print them.
    If you are only paying $20.00 for that lot, then you are basically stealing it from him! Can't go wrong.
    Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Out of curiousity how much do the cameras usually go for? I might trade them towards a Leica M3 if they're of value.

EDIT:
    Tony, I've heard of superslides before as well... I have a 35mm slide holder for my enlarger, would that work?
    Last edited by mudman; 12-27-2008 at 05:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mudman View Post
    boo hiss on the Rollei, for the 127 film. I don't have any negative carriers for that size film, or easy access. B&H has the film, but at $10 a roll for Kodak or Fuji, not so thrilled. I'm paying $20 for the Rollei, Ricoh and a Kodak Duoflex. Still a good deal right?
    That type of Rolleiflex use to sell for $80-200 depending on condition.

I made a negative carrier for 4x4 from thick black passepartout cardboard. Works great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin