Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,036   Online: 993

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

More RB 67 questions

Why should I get a Pro-SD body over a Pro-S body. Also, can you use Pro-S backs on a Pro-SD body? Can I use a 127 F3.5 KL L on a Pro-S body?
    Thanks!
    Brad

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Bireley View Post
    Why should I get a Pro-SD body over a Pro-S body. Also, can you use Pro-S backs on a Pro-SD body? Can I use a 127 F3.5 KL L on a Pro-S body?
    Thanks!
    Brad
    Short Answer:
    ProSD, yes and yes.

Long Answer:
    The *big* diference between the ProS and ProSD is that the lens mount has changed (and is reflected in the KL line of lenses.) This allows for the 500mm and 75mm PC lens. *IF* you plan on using these lenes or the price diference is negligable, ger the SD. If not, go for the ProS (though it is an older model, produced from 1974 to 1990 when the SD came out.) All RB back can be used with the Pro(S) back can be used on the SD. I prefer at least a ProS back because of the interlocks and double exposure switch.

Either way, you are about to buy a great camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can get a SD body for $115 or a pro-s body for $109 from KEH with the waist level finder! I think I'll go for the SD!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by schwefel View Post
    Short Answer:
    ProSD, yes and yes.

Long Answer:
    The *big* diference between the ProS and ProSD is that the lens mount has changed (and is reflected in the KL line of lenses.) This allows for the 500mm and 75mm PC lens. *IF* you plan on using these lenes or the price diference is negligable, ger the SD. If not, go for the ProS (though it is an older model, produced from 1974 to 1990 when the SD came out.) All RB back can be used with the Pro(S) back can be used on the SD. I prefer at least a ProS back because of the interlocks and double exposure switch.

Either way, you are about to buy a great camera.
    On other point with the PRO-SD, if you are planning to use lens that are not KL, you will need a adapter, as mention her the throat of the camera is a larger diameter and the older lens will need to the adapter.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin