Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,364   Online: 737

KPT
    Shooter
    35mm RF

Help me date my Rolleicord

I have a Rolleicord and dont the the model or date. I searched the web and the closest match i could find was a limited police edition of 500 but im sure this is not that one, i wish i could be that lucky! The seial number 742xxx, viewing lens is Heidoscop - Anastigmat f=7.5cm, Taking lens Carl Zeiss Jena Nr2662976. The camera is in rough shape with only one shutterspeed.

When i checked the web it seemed every taking lens was a Heidosmat but mine is a Heidoscop

Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 032.JPG   033.JPG   036.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's an earlish Rollei camera, the lens of importance is the Triotar taking lens, I had a very similar Rolliecord II with a Triotar it was surprisingly good lens for a Triplet, once stopped down.

The lens is of WWII manufacture 1940, but it's not the usual Compur face plate that I'm used to, the Rollei Club website shows you its a Rolliecord II model 3. Apart from the shutter aperture scale plate it's absolutely identical to my old II.

Ian

KPT
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    It's an earlish Rollei camera, the lens of importance is the Triotar taking lens, I had a very similar Rolliecord II with a Triotar it was surprisingly good lens for a Triplet, once stopped down.

The lens is of WWII manufacture 1940, but it's not the usual Compur face plate that I'm used to, the Rollei Club website shows you its a Rolliecord II model 3. Apart from the shutter aperture scale plate it's absolutely identical to my old II.

Ian
    Ian, Thank you very much for your reply! I was searching the rolleiclub and found this info. The model i think is Rolleicord Ia Model 3 - Model K3 - 531.
    http://www.rolleiclub.com/cameras/tl...lleicord.shtml Line 22
    Last edited by KPT; 12-30-2008 at 04:30 PM. Click to view previous post history.

KPT
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    After looking further into this i have found it to be, Rolleicord Ia Model 3 - Model K3 - 531. Its not the police edition because that edition had the 3.5. I guess i will just put this one on the shelf to look at.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It could be. It's quite difficult to tell without seeing the camera first hand.

Ian

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, it's a Rolleicord Ia, type 3.

I have the police model, and it's just a little different. 3,5 Triotar, and "Franke & Heidecke Braunschweig" engraved under the name plate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've heard that the Triotar is good for portraiture, although I'm not fond of portraits taken from a waist-level position and looking up the nostrils.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    35mm
    What a relief! You just wanted to know how old your camera is. I thought "What? Arrange a date with a camera? The next thing you know we would end up being marriage counselors."
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft View Post
    What a relief! You just wanted to know how old your camera is. I thought "What? Arrange a date with a camera? The next thing you know we would end up being marriage counselors."
    I was going to suggest that dating those you work with is problematic, especially across brands. But I thought better of it.

Lee

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My thought was: The Diaphram was probably a bit to small.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin