Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,518   Posts: 1,645,555   Online: 1049

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    14 Rolleiflexes. I have a hard time justifying owning 2 along with the Pentax 67. If I could come to a definite conclusion whether I like the 2.8F Xenotar or the 2.8FX planar better I would probably sell the other one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Mamiya C330 and a Bronica SQ-Ai (with motorized grip), and I haven't been let down by either of them - the Bronica is a bit of a heavy beast though and will run you quite a bit more (lenses as well as the body/grip) than the Mamiya. So it really depends on if you want to stick it out with the TLRs or go for an SLR.

I have to say though the Bronica is something I take out when I go to shoot concerts, and parties where I know the camera's safety is an issue - the recessed lens on the 50 & 80mm keeps my mind at ease, plus there is less fiddling with controls (particularly with the motorized grip), so I can focus on avoiding elbows and lining up my shots. In terms of which one is a better hand-held unit I would have to say the Bronica wins out for me, but I use the C330 mostly handheld as well; I just feel much less likely to 'fumble' the Bronica - I even hold it in one hand sometimes when not shooting and it's not that cumbersome (though my wrist really had to toughen up at first...I'm a pretty scrawny fellow and my wrist bothered me when I first got this camera, it only took a few weeks of regularly carrying it around before I was good and solid with it - plus it builds forearm strength

Good luck with whatever you decide on!
    -dereck|james|gignac
    dereckjamesgignac.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You guys are making this hard for me! ;-)

I'm sure I could go with any square system and be happy with it, it's too bad there's nowhere local where I can go to see and hold all the various cameras. I think weight may be the biggest issue -- not for carrying around, but for handholdability. And how that weight would affect the use of it with either a WLF or a prism.

In the meantime, I've got my eye on a few different systems. Hopefully they don't sell before I make up my mind!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rachelle,
    If image quality isn't too much of an issue perhaps a 6x6 folder, ie: Super Ikonta, Iskra, Agfa etc. I have a "few" 6x6 folders and use them quite a bit. These things are quite light and portable. My Super Ikonta IV weighs less than my F2. I find my Super Ikonta more of a spontaneous shooter than my Rolleiflex or my Hasselblad.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yeah, 14 Rolleis.... collections get like that.. more and more... all the old ones, too.. the Old Standard is a special prize, if you find a good one....

Logan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin