Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,770   Posts: 1,516,518   Online: 775

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Kodak No.1 Folder

Can anyone who owns and has refurbished the kodak No. 1 Pocket Folder- comment on the bellows arrangement.

I Have a No. 1 Folder and need to replace the bellows. I have been on several camera repair websites, and I am getting conflicting information. Some people say that there are tabs underneath the bellows that need bending back to remove the bellows from the camera. I have looked and have not found any bellows release tabs.

In fact upon looking at the camera, the bellows seem to be sandwiched between two riveted plates on the sides and ends of the camera.

Can anyone comment if they have done a refurbishment on the NO.1 folder.

I purchased a 6x9 bellows replacement for it at Craig Camera ($10) in the hopes that I can get it to fit. If not I will have to rebuild the bellows myself or order thru the UK.

Before I drill the rivets out, can anyone give me any advice as to how I might successfully accomplish this task.

I love these old folders, and the NO. 1 I have is in fantastic condition, and I want it to be whole again. I love my Kodak Six-20, with my prewound 620 rolls, but it's allot more convenient to just pop in a new roll of 120.

Any comments appreciated.

Greg
    Last edited by Greg Heath; 12-31-2008 at 11:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Kodak No. 1 Folder

Here's the pictures of the kodak folder, for identification.

I had posted the internal pictures of the camera, but wanted to include the exterior shots as well.

Greg

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ooo nice camera, similar to the models used in WWI by the troops I believe. Good luck in getting it fixed, nice to see you wanting to keep her going .

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Greg,

I have a few of those myself, although I have never replace the bellows on any of them.

There is a guy on PA who does bellow replacement, I have purchase several (more modern cameras) with good results, his site is

http://www.certo6.com/

I also have a Linhof 4x5 which I refused to replace the bellows due to cost and which I built a "dark sleave" out of a changing film bag. looks a bit odd but works quite well.

Hugh
    Live and Let Live

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    thanks, I will check him out...

greg

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin