Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,174   Online: 796

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Zeiss Flektogons?

Hello everyone. I am currently looking for a lens for my KIEV 88. I heard that the 50mm Zeiss Flektogons were great, but kind of expensive. So i decided to look on ebay and there are a lot of 50mm Zeiss Lenses for around 150$. They say they are for pentacon six, kiev, and exakta 66 cameras. Most of them ship from over seas and this seems too cheap. Is there something I should be aware of?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not sure the original Kiev88 mount is the same as the Pentacon 6?
    I know Arax makes their Kiev88 lookalikes with the Pentacon 6 breech lock mount.

There are two types of Flektogon , the older one with the "zebra" focusing ring and the new one with the "black" look. Some folks say the older model is better, others say the multi-coating in the new one works better. Both are a sensational lens I can thoroughly recommend. I have some examples taken with my older "Flekie" in the gallery below, medium format section.
    This was taken with it. Click to see larger
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mr. Souto is right, Kiev88 and P6 are two different mount types, the lens won´t fit.
    Greetz, Benjamin

Kiev 88 CM is reported the body that takes P6 lenses:
    http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kie...(photo_camera)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If it's a Kiev 88CM, then indeed it will take the Pentacon mount. I just got a Flektogon for my 88CM myself; looking forward to trying it out.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you've got a CM then great. I have the MC version and absolutely love it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Kiev 88 and the Kiev 88 CM are different lens mounts. An adapter is available, iirc, to put the 88 lenses on the CM and Pentacon 6.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The last runs of Kiev 88 are CM which is the Pentacon 6 lens mounts. The Arsenal factory made Kiev 88 in Pentacon 6 mount, as well as "value-added" sellers such as Arax convert older Kiev88 to their own version of Pentacon 6 mount. I don't know if Kiev88 CM is still being made in batches at Arsenal or not.

Shooter
    35mm
    My late Father had a 25mm Flektagon lens for his Exakta, which (sadly, with hindsight) I disposed of after his death. I have some lovely industrial interiors which he took with this set-up, and I believe the 20mm version was also well regarded. I've thought a few times that I'd like to get a replacement for my Pentax, if only perhaps for sentiment.

The lenses were from the East German (GDR) Zeiss Jena factory...they seemed to maintain the quality control in these and the long-focus Sonnars, while the 50mm Pancolors could be variable (according to Dad).

Sorry, just realised I'm slightly OT in referring to
    the 35mm versions, but I'll leave the post as it gives and indication of the quality of the Jena range. Hope that's OK.
    Last edited by railwayman3; 01-06-2009 at 02:30 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Realised I was a bit OT.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    @railwayman:

No problem with 35mm versions. One thing you might want to know of: it is possible to get an adapter for Pentacon 6 lenses to mount them on 35mm bodies.

The Sonnar 180/2.8 is an absolutely outstanding lens for 35mm. I use mine regularly at the end of extension tubes or bellows, mounted on my digital Nikon D80, for macro photography.

This setup lets me take macro shots at relatively large distances away from the lens, which is ideal for dangerous creepy-crawlies or any animals that don't let one get close.

Next in line for some trials is the 50 Flekie.
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin