Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,834   Online: 1125

Shooter
    Medium Format

Mamiya RB67 Pro-SD 127mm KL lens

Sorry if this is a dumb question...

I just got a Pro-SD for Christmas, and I'm a little confused about cocking the lens shutter. The directions say, in addition to cocking the shutter in the body, to cock the shutter in the lens before mounting it by turning the pins from the white dots to the red dots on the lens. Are the pins supposed to stay at the red dots? When I turn them, they just snap back to the white ones, and I'm not sure if the lens shutter is cocked or not.

Thanks!
    - Dani
    Last edited by drmcdon; 01-06-2009 at 08:03 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: unclear

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    camera should be cocked then the red dot on the lens is about dead center top--put lens on and rotate ring with dot about 30-45 deg to hold lens on.

(The manual is on the Mamiya site)
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think that is what she is asking.

Sounds like a Hassy, both the lens and body have to be cocked. Has she done it right?

Who has the answer?

Mike
    Last edited by mikebarger; 01-06-2009 at 08:16 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: gender error :)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No, that's not what I'm asking, but thanks anyway! I actually do have the manual, but I'm just not sure if I'm following the directions correctly. Anyone else have an answer?

- Dani (she )

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by drmcdon View Post
    Sorry if this is a dumb question...

I just got a Pro-SD for Christmas, and I'm a little confused about cocking the lens shutter. The directions say, in addition to cocking the shutter in the body, to cock the shutter in the lens before mounting it by turning the pins from the white dots to the red dots on the lens. Are the pins supposed to stay at the red dots? When I turn them, they just snap back to the white ones, and I'm not sure if the lens shutter is cocked or not.

Thanks!
    - Dani
    I am not sure about the KL lens, I use C Lens and they only have Green/Red Dots, but once you cock the shutter, the blades should be open and you should see through the lens. When I cock the shutter on my lens the pins stay and do not snap back. It may be different with KL series, but I believe the shutter blades will be open once cocked.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry, I meant the dots are green (not white) and red.

But anywho, it was already cocked when I got it. Thanks for your help!

Shooter
    Large Format
    ...then remember to UNCOCK it prior to store it (unused) for a long time... It seems the seller forgot about it.
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks, Marco. Will do.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin