Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,326   Online: 738

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Some years ago when I was interested in owning a Hassy, the late Jack Naylor, who owned the worlds largest camera collection, gave me this advise: "don't be foolish, buy a Bronica and save your money." He could afford any camera - he didn't own a Hassy.
    Last edited by panastasia; 01-28-2009 at 08:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I was in your situation, and wanted to keep the cost within reason and your budget, bearing in mind your requirements of a between the lens shutter lenses and 6x6 format, I would go for a Bronica SQA. I don't have any axe to grind, my own M/F gear is Mamiya C330, but if I was buying at present it would be the SQA.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd say Bronica is best bang for buck. Nice tack sharp glass and entire outfit can be had from KEH for under $400. Mamiya is also a good choice for the money, new lens selection and good film backs too.
    NOTE: "IF" you do select a "Hassy" give it a serious once over because many have more miles on them than a '72 Pinto.
    ------------------------------------
    -Joe
    RB67, ETR, ETRS, F4, F5, FM3a, A1, AE1,
    Bronica-S, Mamiya-7, Yashica TLR, & many many Range finders
    ------------------------------------

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you want to find a used Hassy outfit in your price range, go to KEH. At least you'll have some degree of warranty/protection if the stuff goes bad on you. If you aren't totally opposed to the idea, a Rollei TLR will easily fall within your budget. No MLU to worry about- no mirror to get in the way of the taking lens. I got my 2.8 C on Ebay for about $500. The shutter needs a CLA, but other than that, it's terrific.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin