Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,441   Online: 1064

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I agree with the posts that recommend you rent before you buy. You need to find if you are comfortable shooting with a rangefinder vs a slr and do you like working with the camera period.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Keep the Hasselblad and get a Mamiya 6 or 7, if you can afford it. I have a 503cx and a Mamiya 6. I love both. I use them differently. I did have to get used the rangefinder, after Bronica SQ-As and the Hasselblad. I can take the Mamiya 6 and all three lenses with me almost anywhere, in a small bag. Lenses, backs (120s and Polaroid), tripod, light meter - I could never get by with less than a messenger bag or Domke bag with the Hassy. Good luck with the decision.
    _________
    Dan Larsen

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arealitystudios View Post
    I was in your exact same position about a year ago. I love my Hasselblad, but it just wasn't a great camera for random street shooting and the Mamiya 7 seemed like the way to go.

I ended up buying an old classic Agfa folder for about $200 refurbished and cleaned and I'm happy to say it fit the bill perfectly. I was able to keep my Hasselblad (a 500 C/M also) for the important studio and planned out stuff, and the folder hangs out in the side pocket of my messanger bag on a day to day basis for street shooting.

You might want to look at the new
    Voigtlaender Bessa III 6x6 and 6x7 folder that is expected out late spring-early summer.
    http://www.voigtlaender.de/cms/voigt...dih7jzkae.html Lots has been written about it here, though mostly speculation.

The price is unknown at this moment, but if estimates of $1500 are accurate, that is about the same or $100 more than a good used Mamiya 7 II with 80mm lens is selling for. You would have interchangeable formats with a fixed lens, the opposite of where you are now.

John Powers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well I decided to keep the Hassy for now because I just can't part with it.....I guess I have good reason to feel that way.
    I will say that I do love Voigtlaenders though and i am curious to see if this folder becomes a reality because I would love to have one of those probably more so than the mamiya...........we'll see

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin