Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,659   Online: 846

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There are plenty of RBs out there in great shape. Those are the closet cleanouts of old pros converting to digital. Most are in need of some service but minor almost DIY type stuff like replacing foam seals. The one thing you must be aware of are the lenses. They don't store as well when not being used.

Lenses are always in more need of service than the bodies if left unused. They tend to get slugish, the lube cakes up. The good news on older shutter is they were made of top quality brass n were beautiful clock works compared to the newer varieties that have cost saving stamped steel n plastic parts. I love working on the older shutters because they leave lots of room for adjustments n don't seem to die as easily as the new ones. The modern versions are disposables, no parts available anymore either... shame, they do have nice glass.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey Kim
    I live in Denmark as well and I think Photografica has a used RB for sale
    Check out photografica.com and/or visit the store in Skindergade.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Actually, one of the biggest problems with the old RB's is the light seals. I got mine in great shape, but the seals were deteriorated on the body and the backs. I have never in my life seen a camera that has so many seals on it - they are around the mirror, the rotating back, and there are about 7 on the film backs. Quite a chore to reseal one of these puppies - I ordered a light seal set from Aki-Asahi in Japan, well worth it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim Catton View Post
    Hi all

I am very very close to buying mysef a RB67 pro s. Now I just need places to look for it. I live in Denmark and so far i haven't found a single one. Therefore I am searching the internet. ive used KEH.com before and I am thinking of during it again, they seem to stock the RB67 most of the time. Is there any other place I should look?

Best regards

Kim
    Kim, I don't know what your budget is or how the exchange rate currently is with the GB pound, but you can still buy the RB brand new in the UK for £799 with either the 90mm or 127mm lens. If that isn't a desirable option, hopefully it will at least give you a benchmark for secondhand prices.

https://secure.ffordes.com/index.htm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    JRJ, you didn't mention the seals tht never get changed inside the body, the seals around the viewscreen and the dark slide baffles. The others are a piece of cake n really simple to DIY with a self stick foam kit generally available for around $20 from Interslice on E-Bay. That kit has enough to do 3 or 4 cameras.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Paul -

Yes, I remember those ones too. It was about a year ago. My main memory is that I couldn't believe how many light seals there were - never seen so many in a camera. The kit's from interslice would work too - but you would spend a lot of time cutting all the strange shaped pieces - some of them were triangles IIRC.

That being said, mine has stayed leak free so it worked.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Kim,

There are/were RB67's in the classified section of the forum.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kim,

I'd just like to reinforce Peter Black's suggestion of Ffordes as a good dealer for used (and new) equipment.

Tom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fotofix in Plymouth UK often have medium and large-format Cameras in stock. http://www.fotofixuk.co.uk/used-mediumformat.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin