Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,988   Online: 783

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    Parallax is not only a matter of framing. Perspective is also different.
    Not a problem at long range, but quite noticeable at close range.

Unless, of course, you are completely unsensitive to parallax.
    (Just kidding!)

Kris, you were suggesting that as far as mentioning that the 80 mm lens is in fact not bad, but quite good (it is indeed a highly corrected lens, André. There indeed are few lenses that perform better, in one respect. But that does not mean that the 80 mm is bad. It really isn't) is concerned, it is rather a matter of not wanting to hear bad things said about Zeiss.

That still is nonsense. More an expression of how you do not want to hear opinions contrary to the one you have formed.
    Remember that we are comparing Zeiss lenses to Zeiss lenses? So how could it even be???

It is nonsense, like the thing about having to look at pictures on the internet, and not at what the Planars we have produce, to be able to form an informed opinion.
    (And besides hadn't people commented on a picture on the internet, produced by the 80 mm, to begin with ... ? )
    QG,

You know exacly what I mean when I say that some people don't see, or want to see something because of their brand-loyalty. I already said that it was a bad argument of my part because, its true, and ad hominem agument is a fallacy BUT there is the sociological reality of perception we call this constructionnism and (brand-loyalty is one of them). It doesn't mean that we a facing this phenomena, but it is still a possibility.

Now you say there is noting to worry about the distorsion of this lens, I say yes what are we going to do about this? By the way, there as been comments on both sides relative to this. I am the one responsible to provide a proof or you are? Actually, reading the Zeiss datasheet, it seems that I am true, there is distorsion. Now why do I see it, and you don't, so I guess you have to prove that Zeiss is wrong on their datasheet.

Yes, I should have had a look at the datasheet before buying the lens, but at 2500$ for a prime lens, and not any lens a Zeiss lens, I thought that one could expect it to be free of errors. See, I kind of buyed it from a brand loyalty aspect myself but now it doesn't prevent me of being critical.

Finally, I feel like I am teaching a course and there is this student that is trying more to prove that I am wrong, than to prove he's right.

So are we agreeing to disagree or you are going to push this debate further in an intention trial?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am starting to think this is nothing but a troll post, and we all fell for it.

Really, if it were me and I had a lens I was unhappy with, I would simply return it for another one that suited my needs, as would most people.

I am not sure of the point of publicly complaining about said lens for days - other than to argue and to get attention. Did you get enough attention yet Kristopher?

Time to let this thread die.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I agree kill this thread, like many other thread it fell in bashing and I aknowledge my part of the responsability. Some people wrote me politely in my private message trying to help for real, guess why they did it privately??? Like many threads, people don't read the question and feel offended for nothing Add this to the bandwagon effect of giving hits to someone that has a marginal opinion and there you go.

Thanks for those who tried to help.

MODERATORS PLEASE KILL THIS THREAT (oups thread)

I am serious, put it down I've learned not much.

That should be my last answer, I will gladly continue to browse APUG as a did since I joined, but will restrain myselft of asking questions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kristopher_lawrence View Post
    Now you say there is noting to worry about the distorsion of this lens, I say yes what are we going to do about this? By the way, there as been comments on both sides relative to this. I am the one responsible to provide a proof or you are? Actually, reading the Zeiss datasheet, it seems that I am true, there is distorsion. Now why do I see it, and you don't, so I guess you have to prove that Zeiss is wrong on their datasheet.
    Why?
    I never said the lens was free of distortion, i.e. never said that Zeiss was wrong. (And you talk about people not reading properly? )

What was put into question as soon as you posted your post, was your perception. Nothing else.

We have been over the way you countered that, and there's no need to do that again.
    All that i would like to say is that what you are 'fighting' here are the demons you - nobody else - conjured up doing that the way you did.

If you do not want to hear any opinion but the ones that confirm yours, better not ask.
    You are behaving, not like a teacher teaching a course, but like a first year student who is convinced that he knows more than the teacher. Why would he attend class? Why would you ask for opinions, if you do not want to hear them?

Quote Originally Posted by kristopher_lawrence View Post
    So are we agreeing to disagree or you are going to push this debate further in an intention trial?
    I am quite willing to agree that you are rather clumsy in the way you deal with other people and their opinions. (But seriously)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin