Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,544   Online: 850

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As Shawn says, don't automatically discount the SQB if the lack of 'T' on the lens is the only issue with the features on offer - you may find the previous owner had the same 'problem' and has replaced the "PS/B" non-T lens with an "S" or "PS" 80mm lens already - something to check, although I suspect the majority of SQBs will still have their non-T lens with them.

If you have access to the camera (or photos) it's easy enough to tell, the 'T' mode is selected by a long thin sliding switch situated on the underside of the lens barrel. On the 'PS' series lens there's a little silver pull-out catch to prevent the lens accidently being put in 'T' mode, whilst on the 'S' series lens this is a small silver coin operated screw.

Page 13 of this PDF user guide shows the position.

Oh, and the text on the front of the lens is likely to say "PS/B" instead of just "PS" or "S"! Whilst I've never had a problem with my SQA (despite taking it into extreme enviroments), it might be worth considering that the SQB model range is newer than the SQA series of cameras. ...although as usual, an SQA that's been used by a caring amateur might be in better condition than a newer SQB that's been hammered by a professional!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use an SQB. As I use a tripod all the time one of the main attractions is the mirror lock up. If I need an exposure of greater than 8 seconds I will use the double exposure feature.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin