Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,673   Online: 792

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Great camera. I see that one person mentioned the 120mm f/4 macro. It's wonderful! Sharp as a tack at f/4 and allows you to cover a range of shots but for portraits it's simply amazing. It's a bit more expensive then others, I got mine on ebay, a 9+) for $210 while KEH has the same for over $600.
    What I'm so happy about the 645 from mamiya is that the Lenses are so inexpensive relative to their 35mm counterparts but the quality is just along there with them. Amazing values to be had.
    Do yourself a favor and check out the 120mm Macro and if it fits, grab one.
    Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by panastasia View Post
    I have the 645 1000s with 45mm, 80mm w/extension tubes for macro, and 150mm. I use all three lenses frequently. Note that the 45 is equivalent to a 28 on a 35mm camera - my most used lens - I found that a 35 on a 35mm camera was often not wide enough, therefore, I have no interest in the 55 for the 645 (just my opinion). Great little camera. I say little because my RB is my camera of choice for more serious work.
    My camera of choice for 'serious work' is the 8x10 Deardorff. But I do have my rb for when I want to go hiking. I seriously love my rb67 but this isn't for me. My daughter isn't going to be hauling an rb all over creation (yet). I am waiting on a 150 4.5 from a very nice APUGger. I have bids in on other wider lens but as I have time and I am a bottom dweller, this might take a while.

If she ever does take up the rb, I certainly have a stable of lens for her to use.

I have seen the 120 lens. Didn't know it's quality so I didn't bid on it. It seems a bit close to the 150mm also.

I think we are going to still try for a 45(or 55)/80/150 setup to start.
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I sometimes deploy the mamiya m645 macro 80 on my Nikon F bodies, it is super. Very nice floating element design with two scales. It's a real engineering marvel, a very pretty piece.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My favorite is the 35mm. Then again I'm partial to wide shots. It's made some beautiful enlargements. I also have the 55-110 and 105-210 zooms. I had the 150mm but my son lost it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All, I wish to thank you for your help. I wound up with a 45mm, an 80/f2.8, and a 150/f4.0. Very nice setup, I am now thinking she's not ready for this camera. Maybe in a year or two (wink, wink).
    Set down next to my rb67 this camera seems almost diminutive. Easy to handle and the photos so far, outstanding. I found you can hand hold a 150 lens at about 1/125. Pretty amazing.

Thanks for all the advice, please ship all unwanted M645 stuff to me for proper disposal.

tim in sna jose

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have the 80mm N/L 2.8 (leaf shutter lens)--I adore the bokeh. HP5 rated at 800 and natural indoor light is a fabulous combination. The 80 used to be on my camera full time--then I picked up the 55mm and it seems to let me compose more quickly. I have found all my 645 lenses very sharp. All this talk of the 210 makes me want to run some more film thru it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well i am a day late and a dollar short---BUT I have a 45mmC, 80mmf/1.9C and 150mmf/3.5C. Those three have worked very well for years and I really haven't wanted any other glassware for my 645. As far as the camera I love it--I think if I could have only one camera the Mamiya 645 would be it, it's a great compromise between size, speed, and picture quality.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here's another vote for the 120 macro - it's a lovely lens and I can thoroughly recommend it to anyone thinking of buying one!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I had the 45 2.8, the 80 2.8, the 150 3.5 and the 210 4.0 'C' lenses. I would vote for the 45 but that's gonna set you back a bit. Get the 80 and let them get their feet wet and then branch out from the norm on their own. My $.02

Oh, and at http://creativeimagemaker.co.uk I wrote a review on the Sekor lenses for the 645's last year. It might help.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    I had the 45 2.8, the 80 2.8, the 150 3.5 and the 210 4.0 'C' lenses. I would vote for the 45 but that's gonna set you back a bit. Get the 80 and let them get their feet wet and then branch out from the norm on their own. My $.02

Oh, and at http://creativeimagemaker.co.uk I wrote a review on the Sekor lenses for the 645's last year. It might help.
    Christopher,

I am sorry I didn't make it clear. This thread was about getting advice on what lenses to get to build a system for my somewhat unusual 13 YO daughter. These are the lenses I have wound up with based upon the advice given and the economics of used lens. The 80/f2.8 was the cheapest, then the 150/f4.0 (from a APUG subscriber) and I forked over a bit more for the 45mm. But what a nice lens.

My last post was a thank you for all that gave advice, something that many do not do on this forum.

tim in san jose

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin