Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,345   Online: 882

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

RB67 Pro SD KL 3.5/90L

Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered or if its a daft question but I have just received an RB67 Pro SD Camera with the KL 3.5/90L Lense everything seems to be fine but when I set the shutter speed to 1 there doesn't seem to be any difference in speed of it closing than if it is set to 400, shouldn't it be open longer if its set 1 than to 400 or is it working and I can't tell the difference?

Many thanks

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Take the back off and look through it (I think the shutter fires with the back off).

EDIT: Just tried mine and yes, it does.

Steve.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi,

Thanks, I don't know if I had it on on some weird setting or not but it is doing what it should be now and there is a distinct difference between 1 and 400.

Thank you again.

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It could be that it was working fine but you didn't notice. All the noise is made whilst the mirror moves up, the film guard plate (or whatever it's called) moves away and the aperture closes down. The shutter opens then quietly closes at the end of the exposure time.

It could be that you were expecting a much louder click after one second than the shutter actually makes.

Steve.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi,

Thanks, I think you are right, I took a roll of B&W today and developed it and it came out fine.

Many thanks.

Matt

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin