Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,907   Posts: 1,630,558   Online: 839

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hasselblad back - Old style

Firstly, excuse what will be a simple question to some of you but I've only just ventured into the realms of 6x6 from 645 so my knowledge here is limited.
    I have a 501CM with two fairly recent A12 backs - I know the way these work and so far have no problems. I have, however, just bought an old A12 back off ebay - The back has a round winder - no handle and a magnetic flip out disc with an ASA id disc on it - where you would normally put a part of a film box to tell you what film is in it. ser no. TH61663
    Visually everything looks fine and all the mechanisms work. My question is, how do you get the film to wind on the correct amount so that it stops and the number 1 appears? If I don't turn the winder anti-clockwise to drop the number 1 into the window the winder just carries on - turning the winder anti-clockwise drops the number 1 in at any time so the film will be out of sync.
    ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The ISO dial is hinged so you can see "inside". Wind until the "1" appears on the backing paper. Turn the winder counter clock wise and it sets the 1 on the back counter.
    JGB
    "Sure is fun playing Jimi Hendrix at Carnegie Hall"-SRV

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cheers Jim - easy when you know how!
    I note your SRV comment - awesome talent, who knows how far he could have gone if he hadn't departed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin