Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,466   Posts: 1,570,716   Online: 1010

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hasselblad 501cm cable release won't fire

Anyone ever heard of a Hasselblad 500 series body not firing with the cable release? Mine won't. Someone suggested that a hassy needs a really long prong. The release I'm using is generic and pretty cheap, but it has a really long prong, so I'm not sure if that's the prob. Unfortunately I don't have another release handy to try so thought I'd as here first. I'm not even aware of how the release mechanism works internally and how it would break...?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My first Hassie is a 500CM, and I had no trouble firing it with any cable release at hand. But when I added a 501CM, I began having trouble, sometimes not firing at all, other times releasing the shutter okay but not completing the rest of the cycle; I would have to fiddle with the cable release and/or shutter button a bit to get it to finish. A long-throw cable release solved the problem. I believe the one that I am using now is a Linhof, but I also have another brand that works as well. Sorry, I do not recall that brand.
    Dan

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had the same problem with a 500C/M, this is what I use now, the 'Profi-Qualität' model : http://www.fotoimpex.de/catalogus/fi...1025-full.html
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm having the same issue and that my recently bought 501c is not firing with the cable that I've. I've used my cable on my F4 and Fe nikkons with out issues. Not sure if its the sgutter or the cable. Howlong should be the throw. My cable is made by Hakuba.

Anything I should check for.

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why not buy a Hasselblad one ?
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Is the extension of the wire going deep enough?

The 500C/M has a quite deep button position, be sure your cable can reach the correct depth to do what it's supposed to.

Try another cables!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin