Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,560   Online: 1212

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't understand these guys either...but every now and then they do get a bite. The situation is similar in many antique shops and pawn shops. I am in college, so I know some real idiots. I actually know someone who payed $400 to have their Argus C-3 repaired...and it took 6 months to get it back. Someone else payed the Buy It Now price of $550 for a beat-up Mamiya Universal, which they never used, dropped and broke the rangefinder brightening glass, and then gave to me. Lots of people are stupid, and lots of people have money to blow. Counting on that won't pay the rent, however. These sellers are only losing money in EBay fees by doing this. People are stupid; the one thing for sure that I have learned in life.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Has anyone checked his completed auctions?

I don't get them either but I have been watching "photo-arsenal" list stuff over and over with never a bite because of the ridiculous prices.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Probably suffers from OCD, has convinced himself the collection is worth "Millions, possibly more" and is now trying to give reality to his fantasy. Here and there he finds himself vindicated by buyers more delusional than he is.

There is no rational explanation for the behavior because it is irrational behavior.
    Last edited by Nicholas Lindan; 02-22-2009 at 07:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The prices are in Cdn as the original link is thru ebay.ca. If you copy an item number and paste it into ebay.com you will get US$.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    (why would someone buy sheet film from eBay anyway?).
    I got a couple of good boxes of Fuji quickloads for cheap that way. And a box of only slightly fogged Super-XX!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I always wondered if people sold illegal items through Ebay by selling the items as way overpriced common items. It would seem like an obvious way to do it. Post your auction number and description of the illegal item somewhere else and then list it on Ebay as something common and overpriced.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't blame the Canadians for this gross collection of stupidity.

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I noticed an Olympus XAII (XA2) for sale from this fellow. C.$265.00 sounds quite extreme, as several specimens of this camera sans flash have been seen locally in 2H windows for AUD$145.00. A quick conversion to C.$ brings the total to C.$117.40; that sounds like a tidy profit. This guy undoubtedly has more twists in him than a corkscrew. Avoid.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=Nicholas Lindan;757464]Probably suffers from OCD,

What, prithee tell, is OCD?
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Obsessive-Complusive Disorder. It is a psychiatric condition.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin