Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,316   Posts: 1,536,736   Online: 1014

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John:

Two good points that I hadn't even considered.

Frank
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jerk151 View Post
    It's a commonly known as a "Clothespin". Really! A little wooden clothespin to attach colored gels, diffusion to the barn doors of a light. The story goes that a key grip had purchased a couple bags for this purpose and was refused reimbursement from accounting because it was not considered equipment. So he re-billed for C-47s', being 47 were used and "C" for "clothespin". This was apparently in the fifties, but who really knows, it's just the story that gets past around from crew to crew.

Look up Grip Terms there are some good ones.

That's what I mean by the way, if someone didn't know what it was, you may be willing to pay $30 for these must need movie equipment to hold your diffusion in place. But you're going to be pissed when you get a bag of clothespins.
    Dude, don't blow it. When someone asks what a C-47 is, you tell them it is a gel retention fastener!!!!! Are you trying to put me out of a job????

As an aside, wooden clothes pins are getting harder and harder to find. Metal clips get way to hot and the plastic ones melt. The future will be interesting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Dude, don't blow it. When someone asks what a C-47 is, you tell them it is a gel retention fastener!!!!! Are you trying to put me out of a job????

As an aside, wooden clothes pins are getting harder and harder to find. Metal clips get way to hot and the plastic ones melt. The future will be interesting.
    So you are saying if I replace the house clothes pins with plastic ones, i might be able to retire?

Man oh man.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin