Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,679   Posts: 1,669,352   Online: 716

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

AGFA ISOLA 6 X 6 and AGFA CLICK 6 x 6

does anyone have any knowledge or experience with these cameras? I doubt I'll bid on either one of them because I dont want to pay for shipping from the Netherlands

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...hippingPayment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280316135845

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the Isola. Not from Netherlands though. But his always looks really nice. The Isola is pretty cool. Point and shoot. I also have a Clack. I wonder who comes up with these names? Or maybe Agfa needs to have a talk with "The Car guys"....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I should have a Clack, they were the point and shoot camera's when I was young, it is in Holland though.
    Single shutter speed, fun stuf for shure. Uses 120 film, film advance: red window, made mostly from plastic.
    Later on Kodak came with their Instamatic.....

Shipping across the big pond is expensive, I know when ordering something from the US....

Peter

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    I have the Isola. Not from Netherlands though. But his always looks really nice. The Isola is pretty cool. Point and shoot. I also have a Clack. I wonder who comes up with these names? Or maybe Agfa needs to have a talk with "The Car guys"....
    I found some pictures taken by the Isola on Flickr, and they look pretty good. I was expecting Holga-looking prints, but these actually look pretty good to me. (not that it isnt possible to get good prints from a holga ).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Guys, it's actually not a clack... it really is a click. I thought "clack" too, but look at the auction

Anyway there are hundreds of different old medium format cameras out there. Just watch you don't end up with obsolete or annoying-to-respool sizes like 620 (e.g. many Kodaks).
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm a great fan of old Agfa camera's and of course I have taken pictures with those camera's. Here are some results.

1ste: Agfa ClickII
    2de: Agfa Isola II (which is the same in lens performance as the Isola I)

The Click is a simple one lens type of camera with only 1 speed but the Isola is actually a simple triplet and it shows, picture are quite sharp. The difference between the Isola I and II is the fact that the Isola II has 3 shutterspeeds (1/100, 1/30 and Bulb) while the Isola I has only 2 (1/30 and Bulb). The lens setup is the same on both Isola's as is the aperture choice (f6.8 and f11).
    Sure, I could give you a boring explanation who I really am but I rather let the Origami do the talking.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    By the way, seller seems to be a postage scammer, 27$ (21 euro) for sending it from Holland to Belgium?? I bought 2 Isola's from Holland at the same time and postage was only something like 10$ (8euro). It's not that these camera's are so heavy, it's no Mamiya RB67.
    Sure, I could give you a boring explanation who I really am but I rather let the Origami do the talking.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Goose View Post
    By the way, seller seems to be a postage scammer, 27$ (21 euro) for sending it from Holland to Belgium?? I bought 2 Isola's from Holland at the same time and postage was only something like 10$ (8euro). It's not that these camera's are so heavy, it's no Mamiya RB67.
    The shipping is $27 to the US, too. I think I might be better off waiting until someone from the US puts one on Ebay .

BTW, thanks for posting the pics. They're nice

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought an Isola I recently. It has a spring-loaded lens barrel which must be extended to take pictures. Unusually for a snapshot camera, the example I bought was heavily worn and the shutter would fire only if the lens barrel was actually pulled while the button was pressed. Repair would not be cost-effective, so I threw the camera (cost: £8) away. A good one could be fun to play with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aargh! Just when I thought it was safe, I read this thread and before I knew it I'd gone and put in a lowball bid on a Clack. Now I'm afraid I'm going to win the auction and have to explain myself when *yet* *another* camera arrives at the door...

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin