Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,537   Online: 996

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by archphoto View Post
    Paul: the 180 has a rear cell: look at the scematic you gave me.
    The schematic shows no elements behind the aperture (the two vertical stripes). So no rear cell.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    This lens is a bit unusual in its build: the entrire optical group is in front of the shutter/apperture.

In this way the "rear"cell is in front of it.
    Last edited by archphoto; 02-28-2009 at 07:26 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Peter, I service these 180s all the time n can tell you for certain, there is no rear cell. The entire front cell, everythnig in front of the shutter, comes out like a light bulb, completely hermetically sealed.

In all the years, I have never had any with lens separation. They may be fungus eatten or scratched but never separated. I should crack an old one open to see if they have any glued elements at all. I wonder? They are really built like hand grenades.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin