Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,369   Online: 720

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you would like to see a 616 camera pictured, go here:

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...35&ppuser=6479

And if you would like to see the results of using 120 roll film in one, go here:

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...88&ppuser=6479

I've been thinking about running a couple of more rolls through this, with the hope that I would be able to send out a contact print for the current Postcard Exchange.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    If you would like to see a 616 camera pictured, go here:

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...35&ppuser=6479

And if you would like to see the results of using 120 roll film in one, go here:

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...88&ppuser=6479

I've been thinking about running a couple of more rolls through this, with the hope that I would be able to send out a contact print for the current Postcard Exchange.

Matt
    Nice photo, Matt. Occasionally, I've been tempted by a Super Ikonta D on eBay. If real 616 or 116 film were available, it would be even more tempting.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have one of those arial plus-x 9.5" rolld from ebay, maybe some film could be cut from that??...I could give it a shot if there is any interest-

are these cameras that special?

my Kodak medalist is worth respooling 120 to the 620 spools because it has a great 100mm lens- I sure wish someone still sold 620 though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Medalist sure is a nice camera. I know a fellow who has one and I've got to tell you, that is one damn fine lens on that camera. The rangefinder is easy to use too - very crisp and clear. He had his modified to accept 120 spools. The conversion isn't drastic, shouldn't cost much to have done, and works perfectly.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    I have one of those arial plus-x 9.5" rolld from ebay, maybe some film could be cut from that??...I could give it a shot if there is any interest-

Way too big. Unperforated 70mm. But then the backing paper and spools

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an old Kodak 616 box camera I got from my parents years ago. Once I found a couple of rolls that fit it in the late 70's and tried it out. The slides came out OK but were very soft focus due to the fairly cloudy plastic lens on the camera. I never tried re-spooling any other film for it. It now has a place on my shelves of collectibles.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    http://www.filmforclassics.com/html/...order_form.htm

check this out, you may still be able to get your film.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think Film for Classics stopped selling direct and only sell thorugh the likes of BH Photo and Central Camera.
    You may want to sit down while you look at the price.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    But it is avaialable if you want it. Yes B&H is one of the sellers. Isn't it worth putting a few rolls through your Medalist n other classic cameras? You betcha!
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena View Post
    Way too big. Unperforated 70mm. But then the backing paper and spools
    You can pick up a few old rolls of 116 on ebay and use the backing paper and spools with unperfed 70mm. Wouldn't be too hard that way.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin