Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,753   Posts: 1,483,894   Online: 1235

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Rachelle, my Sq-A is very reluctant to release the lens. So much so that I have to press the lever past the point of what feels safe. However, if you're having all of these issues with the back, lens and prism, I'd send it back for a refund.
    ~Jodi~

Shooter
    Instant Films
    The prism can be tricky too: you push the latch and then you need to slide the prism housing backward. (Or is it forward?) This is the simplest component, with no interlocks, so you should be able to get if off no matter what else is going on.

You definitely can't remove the back without a slide.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rachelle

A good amount of this type of information is available at the link below. Good luck!

http://www.camerahobby.com/Photo-Bronica_Tips.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow - thanks everyone. I'm at work at the moment so I can't check all these things out right now. However, part of the problem may be my reluctance to push too hard on a system that is new to me. The last thing I want to do is break something while the seller is totally at fault. According to him/her, the camera was recently serviced so I wasn't expecting all these issues. This is my 21st camera (!) and certainly not my first SLR or medium format camera (although it is my first MF SLR) so I'm pretty good finding my way around cameras. However, as some people have mentioned, the Bronica may just take a little while to get used to.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While I'm not sure how much can be accomplished by removing the back without the darkslide in, I confirmed my earlier post. Pushing in through the little slot below the darkslide slot does release the back interlock. The 1 mm wide jeweler's screwdriver shown here worked nicely.

(And yes, the grody combination shown is from my backup components, currently assembled with a pinhole body cap.)

DaveT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin