Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,151   Online: 805

Shooter
    Medium Format

Exhaustive list of Instant film?

Please excuse me if this has been answered already. I recently bought a standard Polaroid back and also a quadra 4x5 Polaroid back for my Mamiya RZ67 II. I am new to shooting instant film but am very interested in experimenting with it. This leads me to my question; does anyone know if there is a definitive list of compatible films available on a website for these two backs? I am aware that Polaroid have ceased manufacturing their film but that some stocks are currently still available and the;
    http://www.the-impossible-project.com/ may remedy this, who knows. I also saw that Kodak discontinued their version of 4x5 quickload but that Fuji still make their film. Anyway, is there somewhere that I can go to find a compatability list for these two backs or is it just a question of finding bits and pieces of information from different sources? I found one good website here;
    http://www.gwdigitalandphoto.com/support.cfm
    I appreciate any help in advance.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Try the Polaroid Flickr group for kindred spirits.

Fuji FP100-B
    Fuji FP3000-B
    Fuji FP100-C

Those are the three remaining peel-apart film emulsions. They are available in 3.25 x 4.25 pack film and 4x5 pack film.

That's it.

Shooter
    Instant Films
    The Fujis are great films, good saturation and contrast.

The Impossible Project will focus on reviving Polaroid's 600 series integral films. They won't look at peel-apart films, at least initially.

Fuji also has a line of integral films, called Instax. They work only in Fuji Instax cameras, not in Polaroid cameras. It's fun film though, good colors, etc. It comes in two sizes, the mini, which is business card-sized, and the wide, which is larger. Only the wide is distributed in the US, and even then it's hard to find. I buy the mini film on Ebay and love playing around with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There is also fuji 400b, 500b, 100c silk, and various others listed here.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin