Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,501   Online: 1085

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Whack it with your thumb. That's how i do it. When i do it.
    What it does is make use of the fact that the entire mechanism isn't released all at the same time, but with microseconds/micromillimeters delays. Tapping the release will release the first bit, but stop short of anything that should follow.
    But there is absolutely no need to do that. You are not going to use the camera that way. So do not bother.

There is no mystery about the release in 500-series Hasselblads.
    You push the button, and the rear auxillary shutter should open instantly. Without any delay.
    You release the button, and the auxillary shutter should close instantly. Also without any delay.

(The thing that sometimes fools users not yet familiar with the camera is that you therefor need to keep the release button pressed for at least as long as it takes the shutter in the lens to do its business).

If there is a delay, either opening or closing, or both, there is something causing that that needs to be fixed.
    I understand correctly that when you cycle the camera in a rapid sequence, it works, but when done with an appreciable interval, it happens again?
    That would indicate that it is old grease that is to blame. It will 'loosen up' when moved a bit. But will settle down to being a sticky goo given a bit of time.
    A CLA should solve it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks a lot for all the help guys. Turns out that the guy that gave it to me as a gift still has it under warranty at KEH. They've got a good reputation, do you think they'll possibly do a CLA free-of-charge? The camera's in beautiful shape, I'd hate to lose out on it, especially if it's just in need of something so small.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Even if they do not pay for it you are way ahead of the game.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Why don't you ask KEH?

And if not, but like you say the camera is in beautiful shape, it will be worth to spend whatever a CLA will cost yourself.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Update: I sent KEH an email and they said to send it in for a cleaning/repair while it was still under warranty. I sent it in today and it should get to them by the end of the week. I'll let you guys know how fast they are and whether it's resolved. I hope they don't refund or replace it, because it's a beautiful camera and just needs a CLA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats great blankk.
    Last edited by mike c; 03-11-2009 at 03:44 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hopefully I'll get it back soon - I worked myself into a corner a bit. I sold my Yashica D (my only other film camera) to fund some of the Hasselblad accessories, so while it's at KEH being given a CLA I have no camera to use for class. If I don't get it back this week, I'll probably miss an assignment next week. KEH says they received it on the 12th, and all it needs is a CLA, but it apparently is still there and being "looked at by a technician" which is probably just an automated response.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    that seems to be the way all camera repair places are,"we will call ya in two or three weeks". mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah, unfortunately with the way my luck has been going lately I'll probably receive it a month from now. The warranty repairs, as I understand, are supposed to be "priority". I don't expect them to fix my camera ahead of everyone else but it seems like a couple weeks for a CLA for a defective camera they sold is a bit long, especially when it sounds like it hasn't even been performed yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ya I know what you mean,my be they'll surprise and get it done fast.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin