Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,332   Posts: 1,537,374   Online: 1112

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Hasselblad testing help

Hey guys. Recently I was given a Hasselblad 500C/M, and I don't have a lens yet (or a back). I was testing the camera out by turning the crank and then pressing the shutter button to make sure the curtains and mirror moved correctly. Everything seems to be working, but why does this happen: sometimes, and I'm not sure if it's the way I press the button or what, it seems like I press the button, the mirror goes up, but the curtains wait like 5 seconds or something to pop open. Is this normal? Thanks to anyone that can shed any light!

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    That is not normal; it should release all at once. I'm not familiar with the mechanical design of the Hasselblad, but it sounds like something is stiff, in need of lubricant, or catching within the camera. It probably needs a CLA.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the reply. The weird thing is, I've just tested it 100 times in a row and it never did it. Earlier in the day I noticed it a few times... maybe I was doing something wrong?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    blankk I own a 500cm also and use it a lot I would have it cleand all so, It might be giving you a warning sign, would not cost that much.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey there Mike, how much do you think it would cost?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    If you keep your finger on the shutter release there will be a delay in the closing of the curtain. If you take your finger off the release and the curtains do not respond immediately, there is a problem. The release on a Hasselblad does not respond in the same way as the release on a 35mm camera: you have to keep it depressed for slightly longer. The other day I noticed a delay in my 503 cw that concerned me. The film turned out fine but I played with the body afterward and decided that the delay was as a result of holding down the button for longer than usual.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The last time I had work done, cleaned took to sammys camera here in LA,the shutter release was sticking. They fixed that and all so replaced the mirror damper and film mag lite seals. About 300.00 I believe.You would have to call, Cla is a pretty standard operation. Over the past 30 years I don't think its cost me over 700.00 for maintenance for 2 body's,4 backs, 4 lens,meter prism. That's cheap for any camera. The guy that worked on my camera use to work for Hasselblad, knows what he's doing, thats very important as they are very complicated but reliable cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry for the delay blankk my wife had to use the computer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    blankk Tom is right about relishing the button. After taking you finger off the button only the aux. shutter in the back close's , the mirror come's down when you wind the film advance .
    mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A good working 500C/M body can release the mirror whit out opening the back shutters when the button is very slightly and gently pressed. No lens and no film back mounted. This is the way how Hasselblad technicians test their work when it is done. They do it by carefully 'hitting' the button with the palm of the hand, not the index finger, witch is not that easy to do!
    This is the way to "...test the synchronisation of the consecutive actions of the body's releasing mechanism..." (what a sentence!).

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin