Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,358   Online: 1193

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Go with a prism or stay with the waste-level finder...the porroflex finders are very dim.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The porofinder might be easier to use with glasses, but the apparent image is smaller. I have a prism, but rarely use it. It came with my first C series camera. The prism should take a correction lens if you can get one.

Personally I stick to the standard WLF or the chimney finder (the metered version has a large eyepiece and focus correction - I never use the built in meter since I have a spot meter or flashmeter).

The only reason I drew attention to the edge of frame issue in my web pages is that unlike a 35mm SLR, the edges are all equally hard to see. It makes lining up verticals and horizontals more work. At least if you stick to what you see you won't crop too tightly 8-)
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    C330 f and S models are excellent camera,s for tripod and handheld use.
    The porroprism gives a dark and too small picture of the groundglass and the original prism is heavy, expensive and rather dim too.
    Look at the website of "baier fototechnik".
    They make a very solid from Kiev 88 adapted 45 degree prism which is far superior than the original.
    Even with built in exposure meter if you want.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For the most part, I find that the TLR works best with none of these accs. and if I need eye level viewing, I grab the 645.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recommended to my father to try the Porroflex on his C330. Once he put it on, he only took it off when he needed the tower for a shot. Then the Porroflex went back on. When I got his C330, I thought the Porroflex with the elimination of the left-right reversal was great. So when I when to Hassleblad, I got a 45º PME prism. The prisms make it much easier to track moving subjects, especially quickly moving subjects. One can always remove the prisms if necessary for some situations.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    One of my C330f bodies came with a porrofinder attached. Until then I had always used the WLF, although I had always (and still do) wanted to get myself a prism finder some day. I agree that the porrofinder is not really up to the task for the reasons other posters have listed, and my WLF still gets 100% of the work as a result. The one saving grace that may make a porrofinder preferable over the prism is that you can get porrofinders with a built in meter, but you can't get the prism with a built in meter.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    thats not quite right...

http://www.baierfoto.de/mameng.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin