Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,547   Posts: 1,646,249   Online: 1043

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a RB. I do not have the RZ. So I can't give you a side by side comparison. But the two biggest differences that I can come up with on the fly are that 1. the RZ is electronic and the RB is 100% mechanical and 2. price. You could go a lot further going with the RB as far as acquiring a more complete system from the get-go. My $.02.
    Thank you.
    -CW

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have used the RB, the RZ and the Pentax.

The Mamiyas are both quite a bit heavier than the Pentax. They are heavy cameras, period and weigh as much as a speed graphic. I eventually sold off the RZ and kept the RB as I found it much more reliable. (My RB is a ProS version, BTW). If I am carrying around in the field, I prefer my Pentax 67ii. If I am in the studio, I like the RB. But I do prefer the Pentax lenses over the Mamiya.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    mmm gear mmm I have used both RZ and RB pro s. But I liked the RZ more. But maybe that's because the RZ was cheap and the pro s I used was broken/old

But in the end they're both a box with a chimney on top.
    Only big downside is that after you shot some rolls with it the viewfinder of a 35mm looks so small.
    cheers
    Last edited by ijsbeer; 03-18-2009 at 01:43 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the replies, everyone. At this point i'm leaning more towards an RB, but I'll probably end up buying whichever I can get a better deal on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Sage strategy.
    Thank you.
    -CW

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If anyone's curious, I managed to get an RB67 pro-sd with a 127mm K/L lens and a 220 back in very good condition from ebay for $350. I'd have prefered a 120 back and/or a eye level viewfinder, but for the price I didn't want to pass it up.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Obviously it's a personal thing, but you may actually prefer a waist level viewer ( I assume that's what yours came with).

I have a prism for my Bronica ETRS which is just about essential if you want to rotate the camera ninety degrees but with the RB's rotating back, I prefer the waist level finder.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like WLF more. With the RB/RZ it's so big I love the WLF.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've used a waist level on a yashica mat.124 and kind of hated it. I'd have no problem with it aside from the left-right inversion. I like to swing my camera around too much. :P That said, I'm also thinking of investing in a grip of some sort.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recently bought an adjustable angle grip for my RB and am in love! This grip takes pounds off the camera and makes it much easier to use. The ergonomics are fantastic. KEH usually has some in stock but normally they are missing either the adjustable flash shoe, or the spacer. The spacer isn't %100 required but I think you should have one as it takes a lot of strain off the grip and the camera both. The flash shoe only matters if you want to mount up a flash of course, but if you do this is the one you want. I wanted both so I purchased a grip with the flash shoe and made a spacer out of wood. Works great. If you get to the point and need it let me know and I'll send some pictures of the spacer to help you make one.

Quote Originally Posted by thisismyname09 View Post
    I've used a waist level on a yashica mat.124 and kind of hated it. I'd have no problem with it aside from the left-right inversion. I like to swing my camera around too much. :P That said, I'm also thinking of investing in a grip of some sort.
    Ed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin