Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,245   Online: 730

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Help with Mamiya 7 bulb & cable release

Hi all...

I seem to be having trouble with my Mamiya 7 using a cable release with the bulb setting, and can't find what I'm doing wrong.

I set on bulb, insert the release, cock the film advance but when I release the cable nothing happens.

It seems if I press the shutter button and then release the cable, I can get it to work...

Any thing I'm missing here?

{I've never used bulb on this camera before...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    YOu cannot use the cable release on the bulb setting. must hold down cable release for length of shutter time.

Anyone recommend a cable release for the Mamiya 7? Just got one and wonder if I can use my Hasselblad release for the Mamiya 7. Or - why not to?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brain fart. You can't use self timer with bulb, not cable release.

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Assuming the camera is actually in working condition, it must be on and loaded with film, advanced to an actual exposure. If you are attempting to dry fire, the shutter will not operate unless the multi–exposure switch (M7II) is also moved to the on position. Any cable release (i.e., cloth covered) works fine.

Also, the shutters can be impossibly quiet. Make certain it's not actually firing.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin