Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,830   Online: 819

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

focus screen on Hasselblad

I got a 500cm and found it's harder to focus on the screen came with it (the one just has + in the middle. It is bright but i am near sight and with either contact lenses or glasses I am having trouble to focus -- i cannot tell if it is razor sharp on the screen.

I have an old rolleiflex, which has a ground glass in it, i have no problem focusing on that screen, even without the magnifying glass.

So I am wondering if there are any good focus screen that I can use on the hasselblad?

Thanks.

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    I'm guessing you have the Accu-Matte screen, which many people have found difficult to use despite being nice and bright (myself included). You may want to considering trying a regular screen or the Accu-Matte D screen which, from what I understand, is a little easier to focus with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have never used an Accu-Matte, but what you describe sounds like the older standard screen, which is terrible IMO.
    I have a microprism/grid screen and a split image screen. I find either much easier to focus accurately with. Usually I use the grid screen, because it shows the image area for the 645 back I use occasionally.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Acute Matte D, with the little split-image rangefinder circle in the middle, is excellent. Combined with the focusing magnifier (if you have one) built into the viewfinder hood, it is very easy to see and focus quickly.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    ......I have a microprism/grid screen and a split image screen. I find either much easier to focus accurately with........
    I never could focus the Hasselblad accurately with the plain matt screen. I now use a screen with a split image and microprism. It's the best investment in Hassy equipment I could make!

Shooter
    35mm
    i found some split image focus screens on ebay. Not sure if that's the same screen you guys use.
    I believe its not original
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Brighter-Spl...QQcmdZViewItem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would get a screen made by Hasselblad. The screen really needs to be precisely right if you want your film to show you the same focus you saw on the screen. Also, the screen advertised does not appear to have the split-image rangefinder which is very useful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the accumate D is the way to go, mine has split and micro screen. they are expensive new,but got mine from criags list for 55. bucks. I went to samys where they had a Hassel. guy,he said they have to be checked for focus accuracy ,which he did for free. Rely nice and bright alot better than the regular one for a 500cm. accumate is made by hassel and Minolta.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The Acute Matte D is better than the first edition of the Acute Matte, and much better than the original Hasselblad screen. To identify the Acute Matte D screen, look for the two small cut outs (half circles) in one corner of the metal frame.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    you may want to check to see if the screen is assembled correctly, i had a similar problem years ago with an acumatte so my camera guy reassembled the screen, he said the glass was "flipped" when ...aaahhemmm...someone cleaned it, after reassembly it worked great.
    steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin