Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,460   Online: 883

Thread: Pentacon Six

Shooter
    35mm

Pentacon Six

My beloved Pentacon Six is now in a better place. It has been ill for a while and yesterday it died.

If there shout be somebody out there who has another (to sell), please contact me.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    What is wrong with it? I recently sent my P6 to http://www.baierfoto.de/. Rolf Baier will overhaul the winding mechanism and install a modification of an external indicator to show when the film is correctly advanced, he also offers a shutter overhaul service.

The two services together will probably cost you more than the purchase of another body, but for me it was worth it to have a reliable camera rather than another unknown.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    There is of course eBay for purchase of Pentacon Sixes. When you do a search you'll need to wade through all the auctions for lenses, other accessories, and even the occasional Kiev 6C or 60, though, since sellers seem to include "Pentacon Six" in auction titles for these items.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks guys.

I have been thinking (and still do), about sending it to a repair shop. Regarding eBay....well I might try to buy
    one there, but there is just to much junk there. If buying I prefer to get one from another enthusiast.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just out of curiosity, I checked KEH. They've got a Pentacon Six (presumably only the body, although that detail is unclear), in "EX" condition, for $41: see here.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The winding mechanism is the usual problem. When I had one, I remember this was very fickle. If Rolf Baier's modification is a definitive fix, then it sounds like something worth looking into.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have one of these cameras myself. My opinion would be to have your camera serviced and adjusted. Almost any used Pentacon 6 is going to have (now or later) "issues" that will need to be addressed, as they are not very robust. If you have yours serviced, then you "KNOW" you have a good working camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Alternatively, you can get you a KIEV 60 body! How about this?

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahnet View Post
    My beloved Pentacon Six is now in a better place. It has been ill for a while and yesterday it died.

If there shout be somebody out there who has another (to sell), please contact me.
    What died on the camera? Shutter, winding mechanism?
    Keep Film Alive, Shoot Everyday!
    JamiesInfraredPhotography.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin