Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,109   Online: 931

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here is a repair manual I found online. Unfortunately, since I don't have the tools they mention its pretty hard to adjust the camera.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3005241/Ha...repair?page=14

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That repair manual is for cameras with a slightly different construction.

The pads below the 500 C/M's mirror are shown in the image below (no. 4, sitting in the pan 3, below the mirror 5):

Foam pads deteriorate, and they would be the first thing i would look at.

If the pads are not to blame, there is a lot else to adjust.
    All of this should be done using the proper jigs and know-how. So better ask a qualified repair person.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    dfoo, last time I was in to my camera repair place at samys I told him I was buying a accu screen for my cm,he told me stop by after I bought it so he could check the focus. So I did he put it in some can of Jig,made some kind of measurements an it was fine.Took him 10 min and didn't charge a penny. Although I had recently had him do a CLR. It might be cheaper in the long run to have a good tech have a look at it. I would diffidently try the tape measure thing with flim in camera,also the infinity test.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin