Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,736   Posts: 1,515,507   Online: 1092

Shooter
    Medium Format

Phase one takes major stake in Mamiya

Last edited by dwdmguy; 03-26-2009 at 07:17 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The second link goes nowhere.
    Calumet currently lists 6 items under medium format film cameras for Mamiya and only one (new) under Hasselblad.
    They also still list Mamiya in the digi cateqory.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here, try this...

http://www.bjp-online.com/public/sho...ml?page=848285

They are in fact dropping Mamiya/leaf for Hassey only.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This news of Calumet relates only to the digital offerings (which is of course, the 'mainstream') and does not speak to the film camera offerings which are an extremely small part of their business now.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So Mamiya make the lenses and Phase One makes the electronics for image capture. That makes a lot of sense and reflects the way that photography will develop in the digital age. I doubt very much if Phase one , Hassy or Leaf backs will be in my price range any time in the forseeable future , and I think I'll stick with film anyway.

I don't think there will be many stories about camera bodies that will refer to film capture from now on.
    Hmm- Wonder if she'd notice if I bought that :)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin