Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,866   Online: 879

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Mamiya TLR Focusing Screens

Does anyone know if focusing screens made for the Mamiya C330 S are interchangeable with screens made for the C 330 F (i.e. can I use screens/frames made for an S camera in an F camera or vice versa)?
    And, also, what the specific differences are between them?

I ask because of a notation I read in the Mamiya TLR System Summary that noted; "The C330s uses different screens and a different mounting method from the C330 and C330f".

I originally assumed I could use newer screens made for a 330 S in my f camera. Now, I assume, I was wrong in that assumption.

Thanks for any clarity on this.
    John Molligo
    jmolligo@gmail.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    C330S screens are not interchangeable with other models.

C330 and C330F screens are interchangeable. They usually come as a unit with part of the upper frame. The C330s screens drop into a recess, and the frame is part of the camera body. (See http://www.propellerheads.com/techni...c330manual.pdf page 25 (27 in the PDF) )

They are different designs. The tabs for the mounting clips on the older cameras are not on the S version. I have not had a chance to compare the thickness, so I do not know if you could hack one to fit the other camera model.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin