Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,352   Online: 811

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    For anyone who uses Op/Tech straps I strongly recomend you buy some of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/OP-TECH-Secu...=optech+straps to avoid bouncing youre camera off the deck if the strap connectors accidentally come apart. which is the achillese heel of these excellent straps
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's brilliant, just ordered them.
    500ELX, 80CB
    RB67 SD, 65KL, 90KL, 127KL, 250KL
    Nikonos V, 35/2.5

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Optech connectors are incredibly strong. Been using them with all my systems for years without fail. I regularly use the strap to carry my rb67 with a power back. It is one heavy rig that feels very secure with my Optech strap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks to this thread I ordered one for my 501. I just installed it and I am very impressed with the quality. I feel the camera is much more secure with it than the 30 year old Hasselblad leather strap. It certainly will be more comfortable as I walk around with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dpt2014 View Post
    Optech connectors are incredibly strong. Been using them with all my systems for years without fail. I regularly use the strap to carry my rb67 with a power back. It is one heavy rig that feels very secure with my Optech strap.
    The Op Tech straps are strong until you accidentally grip one the quick releases if you don't use these http://www.amazon.co.uk/OP-TECH-Secu...ywords=op+tech
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    For anyone who uses Op/Tech straps I strongly recomend you buy some of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/OP-TECH-Secu...=optech+straps to avoid bouncing youre camera off the deck if the strap connectors accidentally come apart. which is the achillese heel of these excellent straps
    hahaha that's just too funny.. such a piece of crap he has to offer an after thought with these?

the strap is made too short n he sells extensions?

just shows you what kind of business he's running.

Buy yourself a real strap n save youself a headache.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Paul, I certainly do not want my camera to meet an early death due to a failed strap, what do you recommend.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    Compared to your Hassy strap?.. never had one so I really can't say but I wonder if my mamiya strap has the same clips?.. seems MF cameras have 2 flavors of clips.. shop n try?
    I don't have one to test right now, but I am fairly certain that Mamiya 6x7 camera straps will not secure onto a Hasselblad body, but Mamiya 645 straps will. A good friend who shoots RB67 is moving near me soon and I'll give it a test to confirm.

I have to disagree regarding the strap length on the op/tech, which is positioned quite perfectly for use with a waist-level viewer, and comfortably can be held over my shoulder then pulled up and center for shooting (I like the camera tight to my body both when hanging and shooting, so others experiences may vary here). I do agree it is quite ugly, but it makes up for it in neck comfort, and it is far more attractive than some OEM straps with company names written all over them...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why not buy the Hasselblad wide strap https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Hasselblad+wide+strap
    Ben

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jspillane View Post

I have to disagree regarding the strap length on the op/tech, which is positioned quite perfectly for use with a waist-level viewer, and comfortably can be held over my shoulder then pulled up and center for shooting (I like the camera tight to my body both when hanging and shooting, so others experiences may vary here). I do agree it is quite ugly, but it makes up for it in neck comfort, and it is far more attractive than some OEM straps with company names written all over them...

I own an Op Tech strap for my Hasselblad 500cm and I agree with everything you say even the ugly but comfortable neck pad. I even bought and like the wrist strap for when I don't want something around my neck.

The thing about camera straps is what one person likes another hates.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin