Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,007   Posts: 1,524,569   Online: 990

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Op/Tech Strap for Hasselblad 500CM

Hey guys, I just bought an Op/Tech Super Pro Strap "A" for my 500C/M. How the heck do I get the little black clip thing to clip in? The thing seems impossible to do, especially since the little chrome clips don't move away from the camera and the black clip is in between them and the camera. Is there some trick to this or is it just incredibly difficult?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Let me see if I can describe this in words only....

You need to pull the black plastic clip up away from the metal clip. It will slide up the strap. After that the metal clip -should- slip over the lug on the camera body. The clip is made up of two pieces of metal both of which the strap passes through. The outer piece of metal will slide back away from the camera lug hole. On my strap the metal clips cover, the flat part that is on the outward facing side, was just a little too long. It interfered with the camera body lug and wouldn't allow the strap clip to go on. I had to use a decent amount of pressure to get that outer part to snap behind the body lug. I used a small screwdriver to push on it, just behind the lug. A better way might be to get a small file and file a small relief to allow it all to go together easily. So, once the clip snaps in place you pull that plastic part back down the strap. It will fit into the metal clip, right behind the lug and will act as a lock to keep the whole thing securely locked down.
    Pictures do speak a bunch of words so here's a couple quick ones of one of the mounted lugs....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 002.jpg   007.jpg  
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here's how the original clips are used.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks guys. I finally got them on, but wow, it was incredibly difficult. Probably never going to take it off. Is there much (or any) of a problem with the clips scratching or wearing down the body of the camera?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blankk View Post
    Is there much (or any) of a problem with the clips scratching or wearing down the body of the camera?
    None at all.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the help!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd agree, no problems at all. I'm also in agreement that I'll probably never take mine off. Royal pain to put on...but a very nice strap once installed.
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I never tried any, so am curious to know what it is that makes these Op/Tech clips so hard to put on.
    The originals just slide on. Fast and easy.
    And taking them off is only a little bit more work, requiring you to lift their sides before sliding them off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Q.G., The main problem I think is clearance. First the sliding plastic clip that is supposed to lock it all together fits behind the strap, next to the body. Due to the camera lug being square the clip doesn't rotate so you have to work right next to the body. Its all just very tight and fiddly. Looking at the picture you posted of the original strap I see there is no locking device, thats whats been added that makes it all tougher. You can clearly see this part on the new strap in the pictures I posted.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I see. It's the black thingy behind the clip that is causing problems.

The original straps do not have such a thing. The clip sits very securely over the lug, without any fear that it might accidentially come off. The spring plate, fitting behind the lug, does not need an additional locking device to keep it in place.
    I don't really understand why the Op/Tech clips would need a locking thing. Perhaps it would be best to find an old Hasselblad strap, snip off the clips, and fit those on an Op/Tech strap?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin