Switch to English Language Passer en langue franηaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,233   Posts: 1,532,923   Online: 997

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Another G.A.S. attack

Afew months ago (in a fit of madness) I bought a Holga in order to see if medium format was as cool as it seemed. A week later, after seeing my first 6x6 negs, I bought a tlr (Yashica 635). I've been enjoying it a lot but what I really wanted was a good system camera.
    Today (in a fit of complete insanity) I bought the following.

• Pro SD body w/ waist level finder
    • Prism finder
    • 90mm 3.8 w/ skylight filter
    • Standard screen
    • Beattie screen
    • 3 - 120 backs
    • Polaroid back
    • left hand grip
    • diopter magnifier
    • spare bellows ring
    • spare dark slide
    • belt holster for back

Guy was getting rid of all his Mamiya stuff. I'm afraid he may have gone over to the dark side like so many others.
    Cost for all this was $343 US dollars.
    I'm so excited I'm afraid I'll wet myself.
    Don't know how I'll sleep while I wait for the big brown truck.
    Just needed to share with folks who'll understand.

Larry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by largely View Post
    Just needed to share with folks who'll understand.
    I think we all understand fully. I spent far too much money during spring break. I added about 7 or 8 cameras to my collection :rolleyes:

At least they see regular use

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't worry Larry, wait til you see how cheaply the lenses are selling for these days, you'll want at least one of each (and a spare body, few more backs...it just goes on and on..) Welcome to the RB family.

erie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh yes. I understand completely. But beware it NEVER ends. Now you need more lenses, a better flash. And next you have to decide what film you like. The madness never leaves. It might subside a bit but it will rear its ugly head again and again.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Oh, yeah. That's it. Nice. My G. A. S. Is subsided. Living vicariously here, folks.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I feel a G.A.S. attack coming on I get out my Mickey Mouse gas mask that the government issued me with as a child during WW11 and blow into it,( it makes some very rude noises) until the urge passes.
    Ben

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I know that feeling, welcome to the RB 67 club !

After I got mine I told my self: no more camera's this year untill I saw a Shen Hao 4x5 and bought it......

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    GAS has hit me at various times over the years but I don't think its ever hit like it hit with the RB67. Must be the cost thing, I don't know. Or maybe just that its such a cool camera, or that there are so many -things- that an RB owner just has to have...
    I started out just like you Larry. Got me an RB with some other stuff. Mine did have more lenses but nothing overboard... Now I have 8 lenses including a 150SF (no, I never shoot portraits... but its such a cool lens!), 3 finders, and 5, count em 5, 120 backs! I shoot landscapes, what the heck do I need five backs for!!! The rate this is going I'm gonna need to add on a room to store it all...now I keep seeing these neat sport finders on the Bay. I've been resisting but ya never know, I might want to shoot a race with this sometime...yeah, I could haul this beast around a race track for three days..sure..no problem...
    Stay away from KEH Larry. They're like a neighborhood pusher, always there, always offering, always making it easy..till they get you hooked...
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    5 backs? that's it? I've got a dozen working ones, and a few that need refoaming. Typically I pack 6 with each camera outfit, unless I know I'll be needing more.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by archphoto View Post
    I know that feeling, welcome to the RB 67 club !

After I got mine I told my self: no more camera's this year untill I saw a Shen Hao 4x5 and bought it......

Peter
    Wish you hadn't said that. I've been itching to try large format.

Larry

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin