Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,640   Online: 814

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Bronica ETRS for $200, or a Kowa Super 66?

Hi. Someone locally is selling a Bronica ETRS 645, 120 Back, Dark Slide, Waist Level Finder, 75mm f/2/8 Zenzanon lens, Lens cap and Lens Hood for $200. The camera looks in very good condition and I am told it has given the owner no problems. I have a Kowa Super 66 but find it bulky and awkward to use; the Bronica seems like a better camera to me. Should I give this offer some serious consideration or should I let it pass?

Thanks,
    ~Dom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check what keh is selling them for now. You might get the newer model for that. The price is the only issue I can think of.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've just checked the prices at KEH, and no way are you going to beat the $200 price point of the local offering. If everything is in good shape, it's a bargain. But be sure that you can check it out in person. KEH has a no questions asked return policy if the item is not to your satisfaction, and that is worth something.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Medium Format
    $200 is a good price. Just keep an eye out for a prism of any kind, almost a must have on ETRS costing another $50.

As an added item, a speed grip is not really needed but nice to have, another $50.

BTW sell your Kowa for what this Bronica will cost you... almost a trade deal, both good cameras.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtong View Post
    Hi. Someone locally is selling a Bronica ETRS 645, 120 Back, Dark Slide, Waist Level Finder, 75mm f/2/8 Zenzanon lens, Lens cap and Lens Hood for $200. The camera looks in very good condition and I am told it has given the owner no problems. I have a Kowa Super 66 but find it bulky and awkward to use; the Bronica seems like a better camera to me. Should I give this offer some serious consideration or should I let it pass?

Thanks,
    ~Dom
    The ETRS + 75mm. Then you can buy my lovely condition 150mm PE series lens to go with it. (hint hint) I no longer own a Bronica Camera, so I am stuck with a lens that I can no longer use.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well post the price?.. maybe a pic and a description? Once he gets his hands on the ETRS, he'll buy everything you have to offer.

Shooter
    35mm
    I may be able to negotiate the price a little lower, which is making the offer all the more tempting. However, with this being a 6x4.5, and not having had any experience with a 6x4.5 with a WLF, I am wondering if I will find the inability to make a vertical picture limiting With the Kowa 66 this was never an issue/concern.

~Dom

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Get the handgrip for it aswell: it works great !

Peter

Addition: an and prism and some lenses and you have a wonderfull set......
    Last edited by archphoto; 04-19-2009 at 04:16 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Addition

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Try lowering the price by $50 so you can get a prism. It seems crazy to buy cameras of this caliber so cheap, almost a give away. The lens alone once cost 4X that amount.

BTW The prism is much brighter, easier to focus and makes portrait shots a snap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    Try lowering the price by $50 so you can get a prism. It seems crazy to buy cameras of this caliber so cheap, almost a give away. The lens alone once cost 4X that amount.

BTW The prism is much brighter, easier to focus and makes portrait shots a snap.
    Just a little note on differing perspectives, I enjoyed my GS-1 with the prism, but I couldn't wait to switch a WLF onto my kit. (but now I have the option of either)

Sounds like a pretty good deal. See what you can work out with the seller. Fro what it's worth, the Bronica lenses are very (very) good.

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin