Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,228   Online: 758

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    Reasons why long term storage don't work?
    Well, at least it is so with older mechanical cameras, they need to be exercised now and then, or else the shutter mechanism will become stiff and the speeds off.

Perhaps new electronic cameras can take storage better?

Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you have a backup, and use it as much as your original, you are cutting in half both the wear on the original and the chance it will be damaged due to accident or mishap.

You also add the potential that having two bodies gives you (ability to shoot two different films at the same time, ability to have one camera handheld and another on a tripod at the same time, ability to go out shooting with a significant other without having to share camera bodies ).

Right now, I have one of my 35mm bodies dedicated to Kodachrome. It is much more practical than having to either waste film, or load and unload a roll several times, if I want to shoot something else.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would think if you got another RF645 you could just alternate using them. That way they should both last twice as long as either would if it was the only one you had. Also, both bodies get used so neither one rots on the shelf. If you have two identical bodies I wouldn't think one or the other would be different. I have two T90s I used to work with, having identical cameras so I could switch seamlessly, and to tell you the truth I really cant tell them apart. They look the same, sound the same, feel the same, and create identical images. When I run a roll through one I try to grab the other the next time I go out. The only time I picked one over the other was when I had a data/control back on one for certain shoots, but now its unneeded and lives in a bag.
    I've been buying and selling RB67 gear lately, working on building up a system. I have my gear all together but have a spare Pro body which I may or may not sell. I like having a backup but this camera isn't for work so I really don't know...
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an RB6x7. Two bodies, 3 backs: 1 for B&W, 1 for Color Negative and 1 for Color Slides

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    My question is, should I plan to purchase another RF645 sometime along the line?
    Yes, absolutely. ASAP. I have backup bodies for three of my favourites... mamiya 6, 645 afd and rb67.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK guys, fine..I'll keep the second body! I like having backups and besides, I'm a bit of a hardware junkie....
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Good way to satiate G.A.S. I had two M645J's for the purpose of no interchangable backs and I have two XG-M's. Why, because I can.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I think a good one is already hard to find, if you want it , you should get it...EC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My 'motto' is: if you have the money and you want it; buy it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin