Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,506   Posts: 1,543,500   Online: 1023

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I think I need to get out more

Out in the spring sunshine yesterday and saw the tell tale sign of bored spouse and daughter standing behind a chap looking down into a waist level viewfinder. Now given that I was at least 50 yards/metres away it is slightly sad that I shouted ;Hassy or Bronnie' and got the response 'SQ with transparencies'. I could spot it was a Bronnie from that distance :-(

Nice to see another MF shooter though - turned out it was the first roll after a test roll and he was loving it - not sure about his companions though , I think my wife knew how they felt.
    Hmm- Wonder if she'd notice if I bought that :)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I beat the grass this year I was out shooting just after the snow melted.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was up in Rocky Mountain Nat. Park last week looking for pictures, as I drove by a turn out I saw a guy standing behind his tripod and there on top was a Bronica. His wife was sitting in the car waiting. I didn't stop as there was no room for another vehicle but it was nice to see.
    I've stopped dragging my family along when I'm out shooting and other than grabbing one of my 35mm cameras when we go for drives I don't plan on shooting when we're out. Having people along just interferes with my thoughts and makes me feel like I need to hurry.
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My husband doesn't go out with me when I'm shooting. He doesn't understand why I shoot b/w when the world is in color.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by EdColorado View Post
    ... Having people along just interferes with my thoughts and makes me feel like I need to hurry.
    They wonder why you don't just point and shoot like everyone else. I know the feeling.

I usually go out alone, or sometimes bring only my grandchildren who don't bother me. They know I'm doing something serious when they see the big camera, and we're usually at some nice place where they'd rather be running around instead of watching me. I also like to put them in some of the shots. I'm ready to go.
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan View Post
    My husband doesn't go out with me when I'm shooting. He doesn't understand why I shoot b/w when the world is in color.
    The world is in color!! :o Now somebody tells me!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by papagene View Post
    The world is in color!! :o Now somebody tells me!

gene

The world is right side up and not laterally reversed? Now somebody tells me!
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin