Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,203   Posts: 1,531,642   Online: 1148

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwagoshi View Post
    For medium format it's all that I use. Today the basic system is reasonably priced, but it's the extras that add up. An extra magazine, which btw are great, goes for $400+ new, $200 used; film inserts, $75; filters (bayonet IV mount) $100-200; spare battery, $170, etc...
    I've picked up two extra 120 magazines for the 6006 for $74 and $61 on ebay in the past couple of years, and any number of film inserts for something around $20-25 each. One needs to look ahead, because you can't just know there will be 6006 stuff available when you might need it, as you can with much more common Hassy or Mamiya gear.

The 50mm and 80mm lenses are truly sensational. I find I don't shoot longer lenses though in this system. BTW, if anyone is interested, I just put my 250mm Sonnar on ebay for a great price, because I never use it.

I too would like to know a good source for a battery re-build.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have two dead battery packs that I want rebuild, who was your battery vendor? Thanks.
    Last time I rebuilt, I got my batteries from mouser.com

for the SLX/6000:

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Product...key639-KR600AE

and for the 3003:
    http://www.mouser.com/Search/Product...key639-N700AAC
    Last edited by ic-racer; 06-15-2009 at 09:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You can order pre-built packs at www.batterystore.com. Its the 8 cell pack in style 17. Makes the job very simple, just two solder connections and your done.

Ike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I stopped reading part way down the second page. My suggestion is use what you have and enjoy it, if you find something lacking then buy the piece that you need (new lens or finder, etc.).

If you are just plain tired of the SQai then by all means find something that will make you happy. The Rollei looks really nice, but unless you are making a living with it, it might be very hard to justify the price of the lenses.

For similar prices I think I would get a Mamiya 7II which has been said to have really great optics.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nowadays, the cost of Rollei 600x / SLX lenses are not so bad if you can find used ones, the 80 and 150 generally sell for under $300, and the 50 and 250 sell for under $500. New ones sell for 4 times those prices. Considering the quality of these lenses, that's pretty reasonable. Sure, Mamiya RB/RZ and Pentax 67 and Bronica lenses are less, but Hassy lenses are at least as much, and they are basically the same lenses.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Last time I looked all I found was the lenses in the $2000 range, but I also wasn't looking very hard.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The older 'SLX-style' lenses are the cheaper ones. Those have a leatherette covering instead of rubber. I got a near mint 50mm for $450 a few years back.
    Here is an example:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Rollei-Rolleifle...3A1%7C294%3A50

(Link points to a 9.5/10 cosmetic, perfectly good working 250mm/5.6 Rollei SLX lens at a slightly e-bay inflated BIN of $449 USD) (Not affiliated, link posted for price reference only , bla, bla, bla..)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I said in the post at the top of this page that I had put my 250mm lens on ebay because I wasn't using it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Doug,
    Did you ever get a NiMH 1000mAh battery pack built? I found your old posts from photo.net.

IC, thanks for the battery links. Do these batteries already have the soldering tabs?

deisenlord, A $30 prebuilt option looks too painless to be real.
    Last edited by Iwagoshi; 06-15-2009 at 09:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Doug,
    Did you ever get a NiMH 1000mAh battery pack built? I found your old posts from photo.net.

IC, thanks for the battery links. Do these batteries already have the soldering tabs?

deisenlord, A $30 prebuilt option looks too painless to be real.
    No, but what I was able to get was an external power adapter module from Rollei America that allows you to tether a cord to an external power source that can be kept in your pocket when shooting. This can be used with clips containing 8 or 10 standard AA cells, and it works fine with a clip containing 10 AA NiMH cells. It also works fine with a clip of 8 or 10 AA Alkaline cells. I've found that an 8 cell clip using NiMH cells doesn't put out either enough current or voltage to last very long - like no more than 20-30 shots in a short period of time (but a 10 cell clip of NiMH cells works fine).

Unfortunately, this external power adapter (which basically is a fused capacitor module with a cable connector that's the same shape and with the same camera connections as a Rollei 600x battery) is not a cheap accessory. I believe that I paid something like $269 for it a couple of years ago from Rollei USA.

High price notwithstanding, at least I now know that even if all my Rollei 600x batteries give up the ghost and I can't get replacement cells, I can still use my Rollei 6006 and 6001 bodies - albeit with a battery pack in my pocket containing NiMH or Alkaline AA cells. I've not tried using Lithium cells.

BTW, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if someone with a knowledge of electronics could build one of these things using the housing of an expired Rollei battery and something like $20 worth of components from an electronics surplus supply house. The external AA battery clips for 8 or 10 cells cost about a buck or two each. I actually was trying to build one of these myself when I fried the system board of a beater SLX body - That's when I gave up and dropped $269 with Rollei to buy one of these.
    Last edited by dougjgreen; 06-15-2009 at 09:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin