Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,363   Online: 1137

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwagoshi View Post
    Doug,
    Did you ever get a NiMH 1000mAh battery pack built? I found your old posts from photo.net.

IC, thanks for the battery links. Do these batteries already have the soldering tabs?
    Those do not have the tabs. I usually solder a brass jumper from cell to cell. I'm not sure if the tabs on the KR600AE long enough. I recently rebuilt a device with KR-1500SC with tabs and they were long enough to jump cell-to-cell.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cheapbatterypacks.com to get cells with tabs or I bet they would solder the pack so that all you needed to do is solder the last 2 connections to get out of the pack.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a 6006 Mark I. It's been a workhorse for years, not a single problem. I decided to get an extra battery from B&H ($125!), just in case, but really, the original battery still lasts for dozens of rolls between charges. Perhaps I'm lucky, I don't know. The camera system is heavy, a big drawback for me, though it can make some beautiful images. I don't usually rely on in-camera metering, since I prefer incident metering or Sunny 16, but the big Rollei's meter is very reliable, predictable, and accurate. I've shot many slides with it, and as long as I increase exposures for backlit situations, it's nearly perfect.

Worst downside? Good luck finding lenses in usable focal lengths for a reasonable price. Hasselblads are much better for lenses and accessories availability and price.

While I like my 6006 a lot, and use it fairly often--95% of the time on a tripod--I don't love it like I love my Autocord.

Shooter
    35mm
    One more thing: don't do what I did and cheap out and get the 2X tele-converter instead of a 120 or 150. It definitely degrades the image on the standard 80/2.8, which is a lovely lens.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin